fan controller

Permabanned
My motherboard doesn't provide a stable PWM signal and i can hear my fans going up and down a little all the time. its the same for my water pump.
i want a fan controller that will run 6 p12 Max's at a fixed low RPM

what's the best option that doesn't cost the earth

Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT USB "B Grade" £59.99 is best way to go in my opinion.
(can't do link to "B Grade")

Aqua Computer QUADRO (pre-order) £39.95 is very good option but not available at this time.

Aqua Computer OCTO (pre-order) £53.99 also very good option but not available at this time.

Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT USB £119.99

All Aqua Computer controllers use Aquasuite software, a very good low CPU use software that works very well.

Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT USB "B Grade" £59.99 is best way to go in my opinion.
(can't do link to "B Grade")

Aqua Computer QUADRO (pre-order) £39.95 is very good option but not available at this time.

Aqua Computer OCTO (pre-order) £53.99 also very good option but not available at this time.

Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 LT USB £119.99

All Aqua Computer controllers use Aquasuite software, a very good low CPU use software that works very well.
Would second this, i use it on my system and i don't think i'll use any onboard management ever again.

The fine tuning and control is phenomenal. I have the Farbwerk 360 for my RGB as well so its all controlled harmoniously and i can configure the rgb to work with the temps to give me indication of how hot the system is. Not to mention the watercooling control with it too, there's thousands and thousands of combinations that can be achieved using the playground function and creating complex formulas.

IMG-2568.jpg

Reasons I suggested Aquaero 6 LT USB "B Grade" £59.99 is it's available right now and does everything Aquaero 6 Pro costing £169.99 does for £100 less money .. and it's available right while lower priced Octo and Quadro options are currently back ordered.

Last edited:
I’m assuming it’s soft wear controlled?
Aquasuite is used to configure them, but they are capable of running autonomously.

In the case of the Quadro and Octo fan curves based on sensors connected directly to the controller are handled entirely on the controller. In addition the Aquaero can run curves based on simple derived values (for example, a delta between two temperature sensors) without software running.

Curves based off motherboard or other values (e.g. CPU temp) need the aquasuite service running. As do more sophisticated derived sensor values (for example, you can use the aquasuite software to create a "smoothed" software temperature sensor based on the CPU temp that reduces short term peaks that may cause fans to repeatedly spin up and down).

You should also be aware that you get a limited time for upgrades to the aquasuite software with the hardware, and that after that time you would need to pay to get further software upgrades. However, nothing stops working if you don't pay; you just don't get any new features.

Oh and I would also recommend them, they are really good controllers.

As any one ever had a problem with the device not been picked up by the pc / software.
in system manager it show up as a unidentified USB device. the aqua software wont install because no device is detected.

ive done a google and can find anything that helps.
im assuming there must be a usb driver? but again cant find anything

Try a different usb header
The manual says something about if device isn't detected
You can install older version of the software
From before it was licensed
Do you get that option?

Most likely though its a windows issue
Try updating motherboard drivers/chipset/usb

Failing that test on a windows bootable PE
Think it also works on Linux so possibly test on Ubuntu live usb
Though you may need to fetch driver with cmd
Those are only to test if its actually working
Just to try to confirm it works and is some windows issue

Least likely
Is firmware update
Had to do that with my lian li controller
Was showing as unidentified device
And nothing I tried would fix it

I have tried different headers it’s the same. The status LED dose what it should when system is power cycled.

I’ll try to find older software to see if that works.

I can’t seem to find any support around this type of problem that not for windows 10 or 7

Other options
In device manager uninstall usb controllers
One at a time
Then scan for hardware changes after each one
Though if you uninstall the one your mouse uses
You'll be forced to press the restart button

Check windows update
Look in optional updates section
See if there's anything in there

Did you get it sorted? Sorry, I can't offer any advice as never had any issues.
Please let us know how it all works out.

Thanks for reply.

Very curious what problem is. Hopefully it's defective and replacement will solve problems

I ones had a grid+ and that was the same that’s was x79, but nzxt released a usb driver so I thought that was the same. But nothing just nothing so I’m hoping it was a

I've had similar issues to this in the past; but with the Octo instead (on the X79 motherboard) but not the Quadro (which had zero issues on the Z77 and X79 motherboards). Never was able to track down the exact issue, but was fortunate enough to be able to use another machine (going from X79 to Z77) to get its firmware updated and then the software installed and the controller setup (configured) before moving it into the system I wanted it in and reinstalling the software there.

There's no easy way to solve it unfortunately when you run into this issue. If in exchange/return period, that is definitely going to be your best option. As if it doesn't play well (or at all) with any USB connection, the device is as good as an expensive paper weight (and you have no papers to hold down with).

Once up and running, it's definitely an excellent piece of kit; the issue is the unknown of whether it's compatible with your existing system(s) USB connections and if you're REALLY unlucky, it could not work with any of them.

Back
Top Bottom