Fan for Corsair 5000D airflow. What kind of?

Associate
Hello!

I would like to buy 120mm fans for a Corsair 5000D airflow case.
Which fan do you think would be the best solution for me?
I want it to be quiet, but with excellent air flow.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Cable wise if fitted 3 Lian-Li 140mm infinity fans in front and 3 on my artic freezer 420mm and 1 on the rear,4 120mm Lian-Li infinity fans on the side, bit overkill I know but only 4 fan cables connected to the hub in my corsair 7000d airflow.

Last edited:
There are few good fans out there:

Low tier, but still ok - Arctic P12/P14 A-RGB(avoid the non-rgb version, they are whiny at certain RPM's)

Higher tier - LCP fans - Thermaltake Toughfan 12/14 PRO(non-pro is bad), MSI Silent Gale, Lian Li P28, Noctua A12x25 - they are all virtually indistinguishable from each other performance wise

Top Tier - one and the only Phanteks T30, best computer fan on earth ;)

Last edited:
Without a budget in mind, or if you’re using an AIO or an aircooler and at least your CPU and GPU, I can only give a glimpse of some scenarios. If going quantity over quality, fully populate all with P12s. Front and side intake, that’s 6 fans. No need to go over 800rpm for front and less rpm for side if using the “canopy”, as it would be very noise as is too close to the fans. I would say 500-600rpm max, just a breeze straight over the motherboard. Top and rear exhaust, slightly lower rpm than intake.
you can also use Thermalright TL-B12 (can be fount for £7.50-£8. Much better fan than the P12 for noise.
For RGB, the D30s are good but performance the T30 is king.
the only issue is that even if you are willing to shed £200+ in T30s, the only real benefit of such great fans is when the user needs more airflow but noise is a concern. They’ll outperform pretty much anything at the same noise level.
But there’s also noise profile to consider.

Back
Top Bottom