Fan Hub | Issue with the Power Cable

Associate
All of my case fans and my AIO cooler's radiator fans and CPU block are connected to my ARGB fan hub which came with my case (MSI Mag Forge 112R). There is no issue with the RGB on my components but rather with the power cable for the hub itself. While the PC is running, if I take out the power cable for the hub and re plug it back in all of the RGB's start working without any problems, but every time I restart my PC they're not working.

I know its not a good idea to remove cables and fiddle around with the PC while its running but I just wanted to figure out exactly what it is.

My question is, what can I do to solve this issue and have my RGB lights on my components light up consistently, I realize I may need a new PWM to SATA cable but perhaps there are some options to get the cable I have already working?

Thank you in advance for any help.

My specs are as follows;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: MSI Mag CoreLiqiud 240R V2
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Ram: 2x PNY 8GBF1X08QFHH38-135-K DDR4-3200MHz CL16
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 1TB
HDD: ST1000VX005-2EZ102 (Seagate SkyHawk 1TB)
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 6650 XT
PSU: Cougar CMX 700W 80+ Bronze
Chassis: MSI Mag Forge 112R
Monitor: PHL 242E1GJ (Philips) 144Hz
BIOS: H.50 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4
Volume for HDD: 90.2% available
Volume for SSD: 26.3% available

I believe my PSU is around 4-5 years old. Bought it in 2019 if I recall correctly.

Currently the hub is not connected to my motherboard as I do not have a JRAINBOW header on this motherboard, I am looking to upgrade to a newer model and connect it to my motherboard then. Therefore the only control for the hub is with the LED switch on my case.

Regarding the case fans, they came with the case, I couldn't find a name or model for them but they're MSI fans. There are 3 versions of this case, 110R is with 1 rear fan and no hub, 111R is with 1 rear fan but also includes the hub and 112R includes 3 front fans and 1 rear fan with the hub as well. MSI calls the hub as a 1 to 6 LED Control Board.

(side note: yes I like MSI lol)

Back
Top Bottom