Fan Setup 5000D Airflow

Associate
So I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on my new build and in the process of finalising the last details realised I hadn't considered the fan setup for the new case. There's going to be a Corsair H150i PRO XT going into the top of the case, and I know the 5000D comes with 2 preinstalled fans, but I was looking to swap them out for better. I was going to go 2 or 3 at the front and then 1 at the rear, and leave the 150i fans where they were (push setup).

I was looking at the Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 fans, but I'm open to anything. I think the case supports 140mm fans too but I'm not 100% on that. RGB doesn't matter, just want the best fans. Graphics card is a 3090 FE if it matters.

I have the Noctua D14 cooler so I managed to put 6 X Thermaltake ARGB fans in, 3 intake at front, 1 exhaust at rear and 3 exhaust at the top, I could add more but I couldn't see any huge benefit to cooling, here's a peek...

The 3090 Founders Edition has been nice and cool in this case, similar temps to my old Coolermaster Haf case.

Nice little video thanks. Useful that you have a 3090 FE in there too as that's what's going in mine. I ended up going with the Noctua fans. Can't wait to build the system this week.

We need pics when it's done ;)
Will do man. It won't be the most exciting looking build as the only RGB is on the RAM and that was more because it was the best 64GB kit I could get. Went for the non RGB Corsair 150i too. Anyway, parts were ordered Saturday night so it should all turn up tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom