FAO: Jinxy or anyone - NEED HELP with PDA/Ipaq

Soldato
I've just bought an Ipaq off the members market (model 3870) all was going very well and everything functioning as it should...but then I messed it up BIG TIME! :(

The problem is this:

The SD card slot does not function any more! I know the card has still got all my stuff on it cause I've checked in a card reader, but i cant see it so when it boots it isn't loading any of my software because it is all on the card. It's as if I dont even have an SD slot on the machine now!

The reason in this: (I think)

I accidentally deleted a file it loaded at startup becuase I thought it was something else.

In startup there are the following files now:
/windows/startup:

aFlashman
ARI_ENG
cFlashman
EVMON
poutlook
vBar
WICUI

There was one more file, but I've deleted it thinking it was "HandyMasters HandyShortcuts" Which I was trying to uninstall. I can't remember the exact name of the file, all I know is that I'm pretty sure it had a double H in it along with some underscores so I thought ah that will be handyhandy. But it wasnt, it was obviously something that is needed to read the SD card slot.

PLEASE HELP ME :(

This thing is brand new to me and I'm gutted :( I don't know what to do, all I know is that if it can be fixed i will make a backup before i tinker next time :(

Cheers all,

G

Soldato
OP
i clicked the little reset button but every time it boots it tried to load all my software, but it cant see the SD card anymore so it cant do it :(

Soldato
OP
THANK YOU!!!! :D

Thought I'd mullered it then! Gotta start from scratch now but atleast its workin! :D

Cheers mate :)

Back
Top Bottom