• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 - random freezing

Associate
Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic 1300W PX Prime Platinium

Hi. Far Cry 6. For example. I left character standing on the same place and watching fps. 115-120fps. But sometimes i can hear loud cpu fan and game is freezing for 1-2 seconds and fps goes down to 60fps and back again to 120fps. Just freezing for 1-2 seconds. I have Windows 11. Is this windows 11 issue or game?

Associate
You need to monitor your system throughout the test to see what temps your getting. Your choice of components are well known for generating lots of heat do you have a very well ventilated case.

Caporegime
@TNA

:cry: ;)

Make sure you don't have vsync on. I was going to say check your temps on the cpu but it seems that your temps are good there.

However, there have been a few people on the ubi forums reporting fps drops/issues with 3090s too, all in all, there seems to be something not quite right with the game on nvidia gpus, you would probably be better raising it on the official forums:

Make sure to disable the uplay connect overlay that pops up in game.

Might be worthwhile having task manager up to see if anything is eating into your cpu usage.

And no, it's not a w11 issue.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic 1300W PX Prime Platinium

Hi. Far Cry 6. For example. I left character standing on the same place and watching fps. 115-120fps. But sometimes i can hear loud cpu fan and game is freezing for 1-2 seconds and fps goes down to 60fps and back again to 120fps. Just freezing for 1-2 seconds. I have Windows 11. Is this windows 11 issue or game?
ddoeD5q.gif

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@TNA

:cry: ;)

Make sure you don't have vsync on. I was going to say check your temps on the cpu but it seems that your temps are good there.

However, there have been a few people on the ubi forums reporting fps drops/issues with 3090s too, all in all, there seems to be something not quite right with the game on nvidia gpus, you would probably be better raising it on the official forums:

Make sure to disable the uplay connect overlay that pops up in game.

Might be worthwhile having task manager up to see if anything is eating into your cpu usage.

And no, it's not a w11 issue.
Could be he is running out of vram? :p

Soldato
I would check storage activity during that time, see if it spikes. Another thing is, the Uplay app is borked and if you run the PC continuously and it stays in the background it can lead to running out of memory. It's particularly egregious with The Division 2 which has its own issues with memory leaks, for example. Lastly FC6 itself has microstutters quite often as it saves the state of the game almost every time something changes (f.ex. when you pick up a new item), as well as streaming related hitches.

Back
Top Bottom