Far Cry 6

Soldato
Ecj3U6uWkAANvl_

Will update post-conference

edit:

A bunch of new screenshots: https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/

Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_009.png

Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_010.png

Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_012.png

full-image.php

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don't mind, I think the cover looks great. Excited to see if they're making any major changes to the engine for this one or if they're also sitting it out like AC until next time.

Soldato
OP
You are wrong @Poneros says it is the best :p

That's funny considering even the starting weapons are really strong and easy to mod for whatever playstyle you want. I say that because it's exactly what I did, modded a scope and silencer for long(er)-range assassinations on the starting rifle. Really wouldn't have expected that complaint. I much more empathise with @ZXSpectrum 's grievances with the game as I get how you might want more of X/Y/Z like before and they're not as prevalent now, that's subjective and understandable (even if I care less about those myself). I say it's the best because of how well it's made overall & how streamlined and focused the gameplay is now. All steak, no sizzle.

Soldato
OP
Finished this.

60 hours, doing everything.

It is way too long. I enjoyed it a lot first 30-40 hours, but then I wanted it to be over.
Some stuff is great improvement over FC5/ND - finally my protagonist spoke again and was actually quite likeable. Finally nice (though ridiculous) healing animations are back. Finally dynamic weather is back.
Sidemissions and treasure hunts were almost all great, handcrafted, creative. Main missions were mostly good too. Yara is quite beautiful.

The copypasted checkpoints and bases...not so great. Or millions useless collectibles. And yeah, it is still too much Ubisoft: The Game.

I wish it had some kind of survival mode (no I haven’t played Primal yet) that would focus on immersion, eliminate most HUD and made surviving and building the Libertad organization hard and challenging process. That would make ammo a precious commodity. That would make every weapon upgrade and car upgrade meaningful. That would make vehicles use gasoline so finding gasoline would actually be useful. That would force me to sleep/eat/drink or suffer consequences. That would limit healing possibilities and made the buffs you can unlock actually useful. Etc etc.

It was just too easy, casual, arcadey with meaningless progressions systems. And then there is the cringe woke nonsense to boot.

The game is definitely quite streamlined, which is a good aspect because it allows you to play it more easily, jump in/out immediately, allows the devs to more easily polish the experience, but it's also detrimental the more you play it because you get accustomed to what there is to do and also simply want more. I "only" have 41hr and almost finished, having captured plenty of areas in all regions but it's definitely getting to the point where I'll be done with it soon (in general), probably by the 50hr mark.

It's strange about the woke cringe, it doesn't really start off that way and having done North first and worked my way down, it then starts getting more prevalent. It's weird because on the one hand you have very serious subject matter treatment such as all the torture and repression (like the live humans getting cast in molten metal), to then having essentially tik-tok segments from the characters and typical American dialogue ("that's for fair skinned Yarans not us..", to "omg they made fun of my vegan-ness" etc). It's still not too bad but it does detract from the experience, usually Ubisoft is very middle of the road with it so it's bearable at least. They'll never reach the quality of a KCD, but eh, can't expect much more from mainstream AAA western studios these days sadly.

Back
Top Bottom