• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FarCry 3 stutter in SLI

Caporegime
Just watched this vid and have to agree with this guy about the micro stutter in this game. Mine isn't as bad as that (I have toned settings down) but it is similar to the AMD stutter that is showing.

If I turn settings up, I get it the same as what is being shown in the top vid. Is anyone else getting this with single/SLI/CF/1080P+ resolutions? I have tried numerous fixes but it is still quite noticable (not a game breaker) and would love to have this game as smooth as my others.

Caporegime
OP
Nice to see a few of us GPU freaks can't get it to run smooth. With lower settings and 80-90fps it should be feeling very smooth but sadly it isn't.

Damned game is addictive though and such a spoiler for a great game :(

Caporegime
OP
Exactly why I'm waiting for it to be fixed, I don't want what should be a simple fix to ruin this for me, especially as far cry 2 sucked so much

"Far Cry 2: Oh look we made fire in a video game!!"

I should have waited but my damned curiosity got the better of me and before you know it, I was stuttering along for hours at a time :p

Caporegime
OP
I'm going to see if my rubbish camera can pick up the stutter in my game (possibly worse than the top video)

What i would call game breaking unfortunately. Annoyingly it works flawlessly on my brothers computer, albeit on medium/high.

Ahhh that sux bro. I lowered settings to medium and it was sitting 60-70 and only slightly stuttering (more of a micro stutter). It felt like it was skipping frames badly when I had it on max detail and I expected it to be smoother at 45fps.

Back
Top Bottom