Farcry 6

Soldato
OP
Looks like crazy fun actually. Love the setting and the bigger towns. Macarena bit got a lol from me :)

Do we know when it's out?

Giancarlo Esposito as well. Nice.
The release is set for October I believe! The crazy weapons look great :D edit - the mortar backpack looks awesome.

Soldato
OP
I started 5.. but it made my ps4pro so loud, I didn’t get past 1-2 hours. I wish there was a 60 patch for 5. I’d probably give it another go on the ps5.

Soldato
OP
Watching theradbrad playing through this at the moment. (On ps5) it looks a blast ! Think I’ll pick it up for the weekend.

I know it’s the same Far cry formula as always, but eh, sometimes switching off and blowing stuff up is just what’s needed :D the rocket backpack is awesome.

Soldato
OP
Played the first couple of hours and it's much of the same really, although the gunplay doesn't feel anywhere near as tight as other FC games to me. That real solid thump of guns just isn't there, at least not in the weapons ive unlocked.

Even the basic guns in FC5 for example felt really weighty and powerful, the starting AR in this is utter dross!

The crocodile is awesome though :)
Aye. The starting gun is the FAL I think. Sounds a bit like a peashooter.

Soldato
OP
I had a very brief play and found a special variant of the Fal in the house under the lighthouse. Apparently does extra damage against soft targets (But a lot less against armoured targets) and has a lasersight which apparently increases damage when hipfired.
Just watching a YouTuber play through the first few missions (an hour or two worth) and it’s so frustrating, because he gets new weapon unlocks and never uses them. Sticks to the crappy starting weapon..hasn’t touched a work bench either !

Soldato
OP
Purchased it this afternoon. Just downloading now. Should be ready to play later. Can’t wait to switch off and just cause some chaos. :)

Soldato
OP
I’m enjoying this a lot more now I have some gear with +movement speed, it finally feels like a Far Cry game to me.

The world is huge with loads to do, it has that “one more thing” feel to it, you end up playing for hours before you know it.
That’s good to hear :) Looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
Been playing for a few hours this morning. Really enjoying it! Found a shotgun south of the first island that shoots flame rounds or something as enemies burst into flames with it :p

Back
Top Bottom