FarCry2 ships with Securom DRM

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
so thats limited installs for everyone...

i understand why they do it - but it just causes headaches
if i install this and it doesnt clash with something i will eat my hat

sorry if its old news - i just think they should think of a new way to prevent piracy rather than making the installation process of a game into a headache for players

anyone else feel put off / put out by DRM on games?
thoughts?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Buy game + download cracked exe
It's the way it has to be...

daft isnt it - you buy a legal copy and have to use an illegal crack to get it working - flatoutUC did that to me - was not happy

if anything drm restrictions cause us 'tech savvy' [thanks cliffyB] pc gamers to use pirate cracks on our legit games to get round the one thing that they are trying to prevent!

the irony

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I am actually liking steam more and more. It even has the benefit of my not being able to lose the disc :p

what if you lose your login details though!! :eek:

Shame about the steam prices, thats the only downfall.
agreed - if they localised steam and made the currency/prices inkeeping with say that of major games etailers then they would easily make more money

if steam did that i dont think we would see a pc game on a shop shelf again!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Recommended system requirements:

512MB nVidia 8600 GTS

No mention of the DRM system at all. So if I bought it from here and then chose not to agree to the T&C then I'm screwed.

i would love to see farcry running on that card, i had one for a while as a stopgap and it was SHAMBOLIC

it would benefit joe public a lot if there was some kind of drm logo or something put onto the game boxes

like the elspa age rating system - its easily recognisable

if drm systems had a logo on the box/online listing then buyers would be aware

Back
Top Bottom