Farrow and Ball paint

Soldato
We have F&B in our kitchen and we really like it. It's hard wearing and the colour is great. I've used other paints (Volspar, Dulux etc) and it does seem much better in my experience. It took a couple of coats to give a good even finish.

To be fair it's what, £75 for a 5L tin? It's not THAT expensive.

Soldato
We have F&B in our kitchen and we really like it. It's hard wearing and the colour is great. I've used other paints (Volspar, Dulux etc) and it does seem much better in my experience. It took a couple of coats to give a good even finish.

To be fair it's what, £75 for a 5L tin? It's not THAT expensive.
Much cheaper than decent wallpaper!

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
thanks everyone, plenty to think about now :)

The paints will show up any imperfections in the walls. So expect to spend time sanding or filling to get flat wall. The paint will not cover cracks.

The paint can mark with furniture against it or scraps from wood etc, and it’s not a good idea to remove marks with a wet sponge and rub at it for example. This puts it as non child abuse tolerant - the paint is chalk finish.

This is a concern, the walls are not perfect. We damp proof work down and the whole downstairs replastered to a height of 1m (didn't want to do the whole walls as it'd mean removing dado rails, and fancy plaster above dado rail / cornices etc). Initially we could paint this new plaster with breathable paint - there's still a visible join in the old plaster. I think it'd need smoothing and then using lining paper to get it all flat.

Also.. we're going to need it child proof really - daughter is only 7 weeks at the moment, but won't be long before she's ruining the walls, nice carpets and the lovely leather sofas!

Back
Top Bottom