Fast broadband speeds but most internet pages won't load or take a very long time to.

Adb

Adb

Associate
Hello,

The internet on my desktop computer is loading webpages very slowly or not at all. To give you some examples:

- amazon.com barely loads and when it does some pictures aren't there
- Youtube videos start off in 144p and when changed to a higher setting it either doesn't load or takes 5-10 minutes to buffer. Sometimes it buffers straight away but if so, I have been unable to watch a 10 minute video without waiting for it to buffer multiple times.
- non loading of pages when searching for quotes on confused.com

The above are just a few examples of many. Google searches and gmail seem to work OK a lot of the time.

We have BT fibre Halo 1 and internet speed tests are ok - 28.6 Mbps download, 4.83 Mbps upload.

All phones and devices on the wi-fi network work fine with no delays or issues. This issue described above seems to be just affecting this desktop computer which is using the wi-fi network.

I have rebooted the router, tried a different browser (currently using Microsoft Edge but had the same issues when trying Google Chrome), cleared browsing history and cookies etc, checked for system updates, restarted computer.

The issues did start after a power-cut. I don't know if that is a coincidence or not but we have never had an issue with power-cut / lightning related surges etc and as stated, only the desktop computer seems to be affected on the wi-fi network.

Any help in the right direction would be massively appreciated.

Please let me know if I have left out any information needed.

Back
Top Bottom