Fastest Socket A Mobile?

Soldato
Simple Question.

I got an XPM LapTop here... Packard Bell E3242 to be precise running an XP2400

Its ok I s'pose and I was given it with a bust Keyboard and only 256MB so I have replaced the board and got a pair of 512MB Stix and given it a Gig so its now workign just fine.

I had thoguht abotu upping the CPU for a laugh. I have a couple of XP2500 Mobiles and so I have swapped a CPU and its now running an XP2500 Mobile CPU, but can I see any difference?

Anyway I have had a bit of a browse and I see Sempron Mobiles up to 2800?

It got my thinking and wondering...

Whats the fastest Socket A Mobile CPU available?

The BIOS in this thing does not allow any form of overclocking at all, which is a shame, but knowing me, its for the best.

Soldato
OP
Why does this sodding PC keep forgetting to post my replies?

Right, here goes :-

Ok, thanks Cob.

Yes, they must be rare... The 2500 clocks like a charm and I have hit 3Ghz with InsanCen but this LapTop has the most basic bare and useless Bios on the planet and so I can only run at stock.

Ok, I will perhaps forget about the whole idea then... The hassle and time I eventualy manage to source a 3000, Id probably have given up by then.

If one plops into my lap in the mean-time however...

Thanks mate.

L33

L33

Permabanned
The 2500 clocks like a charm and I have hit 3Ghz with InsanCen but this LapTop has the most basic bare and useless Bios on the planet and so I can only run at stock.

99.9% of laptops are the same (i.e, don't allow any overclocking whatsoever). Off the top of my head I can only think of the Dell XPS M1710 and M1730 that allow overclocking, and thats only when using certain CPUs for which they've enabled OC'ing in the BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom