Favourite UK Camping Spots

Soldato
Good Morning OCUK :)

This last weekend a few friends and I went to Wales and climbed Snowdon, and we camped up in the National Park. It was our first taste of actual camping really - I've been to Festivals and camped, but never really camped in the wild, and we all really enjoyed it.

Since then I've been looking to do more touring of the UK and would like to hear if anyone has any favourite UK Camping Spots to check out?

For Snowdon, we literally found a bit of land off the side of the road, walked in a bit and started pitching up :p

I've been looking at maybe doing the Lake District, which looks beautiful! Preferably, we're not looking to tent up at a campsite next to everyone, we want somewhere where you can't find civilization for a little bit :p

Any ideas?

Marky

Soldato
OP
We’re in the Lake District in August, hit me up for a beer :)

Nice! We're looking at maybe climbing Scafell Pike in August, so I'll let ya know ;)

Lake District is fantastic. last year it was mid twenties up there and fantastic. Swimming in the lakes and BBQ's on the shore late into the evening. We got a pitch right on the bank of ullswater. Waterside house campsite was the the place and they have really good facilities although I am sure you can find something close by.

Nice :D Great to hear :) What were the camp spots like? Very busy?

As I said, we're preferably looking for a spot away from others :p

Soldato
OP
Just FYI you broke the law.

In England and Wales wild camping without the consent of the land owner is illegal.

It is legal in Scotland as long as your well away from Roads and Dwellings.

Yah I imagine we did - We saw other tents at the side of the road, so we just thought **** it, lets just do it :p

Never ran into any trouble fortunately...

Is it Trespassing then? What's the worst that could happen? I will admit I was a bit nervous, because I'm a total pussy :p But my mates successfully pressured me into feeling OK about it :p Their view was that the worst that would happen is we would be moved on.

Come to Scotland then! You can camp pretty much anywhere, no trespass laws. You're not allowed to camp around Loch Lomond but anywhere else is grand. Just leave it as you found it!!!

Yeah I just read about the rules regarding wild camping in Scotland! Sounds sweet! We have the "Three Peaks Challenge" in our head now, so I imagine we will be hiking Ben Nevis at some point :p

if this is going to turn into an OcUK camping/dogging trip is it open to anyone?

The more the merrier :p :D

Back
Top Bottom