Favourite UK Camping Spots

Soldato
Also Eskdale Campsite near Boot was pretty decent IIRC and a little more out the way than some.

A great site, and a decent pub a short walk up the road. If you can't be bothered to walk there sometimes you get to ride in the back of the big truck they use to shuttle campers to and from the pub!

Soldato
Lake District is fantastic. last year it was mid twenties up there and fantastic. Swimming in the lakes and BBQ's on the shore late into the evening. We got a pitch right on the bank of ullswater. Waterside house campsite was the the place and they have really good facilities although I am sure you can find something close by.

Me and the mrs have just got into camping and just had a long weekend there. We were near Pooly Bridge and right next to the water. Lovely place.

Associate
Done a fair bit of camping but a few stand outs for me

Clachtoll Beach campsite - West coast Scotland. Beautiful surroundings, fairly basic but very clean facilities

Red Squirrel campsite - Glencoe. Again stunning site lots of outdoorsy stuff to do. Good facilities.

Castlerigg Hall Campsite - Keswick. Cracking views over the Derwent water, short walk into the centre. Facilities are awesome on site too.

Soldato
If you're looking to head up Scafell Pike, then the Great Langdale campsite is a good option - https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/great-langdale-campsite-lake-district

You get to go up Scafell Pike from a different route to 99% of other walkers, approaching it from east whilst also doing 5-6 other peaks on route.

There's a load of peaks you can do from the campsite as it's the last bit of civilisation until you get over the other end of the valley and down the other side. There's a pub across the road too...

Associate
At this very moment I'm on my first solo wild camp lying in the tent. Have always gone with the Mrs but she's let me off the leash for this one. Can't stand campsites personally, I like the isolation you get with wild camping.
Brecon Beacons by a lake, just me, can't see a soul.
Still just about get a phone signal (drops in and out) so not totally out in the sticks I suppose!
I do like Dartmoor as well.
Just a shame they're so far from London but still well worth the trip.

Caporegime
At this very moment I'm on my first solo wild camp lying in the tent. Have always gone with the Mrs but she's let me off the leash for this one. Can't stand campsites personally, I like the isolation you get with wild camping.
Brecon Beacons by a lake, just me, can't see a soul.
Still just about get a phone signal (drops in and out) so not totally out in the sticks I suppose!
I do like Dartmoor as well.
Just a shame they're so far from London but still well worth the trip.

Depends on the campsite. I've found some really good ones. Just need to pick your time to go. Enjoy your night!

Back
Top Bottom