Feek's macOS useful tools, utilities and applications thread

Soldato
I'm just trialing Path Finder as a finder replacement and it seems OK so far.. however one big bugbear is there is no delete on the right click menu.. so if I right click on a file I can't delete it.. is there a way to enable this?
Hmm, I've heard of Path Finder. It looks good. I might have to download the trial myself. As to your question can't you just press Command-Backspace?

Soldato
I managed to figure this out:

Just go to Preferences > Features > Contextual Menuu and add the command Move to Trash to the right pane.
I'm curious about this now. Does it support things like "Open a Terminal in the current folder"? I'd like a bit more integration on that front.

Man of Honour
I've just started a trial for Pathfinder as I've recently been annoyed with some 'quirks' with Finder. It's only been a few minutes and I think I much prefer it.

Soldato
Hmm. Overall I prefer it but there is just one thing I find really annoying and that is that the Path Finder icon is in both the menu bar and the dock. I can't seem to find an option to hide it from the dock and just keep the menu bar icon.

Man of Honour
Rectangle is nice, the only thing is I wish the borders would be a little more prominent when sizing windows. It also seems to struggle when dragging a window to the top compared to Magnet/BST. Other than that I'm happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom