FeelVR Direct Drive Wheel, kickstarter in 2018?

Associate
Saw a video on SimRacing Paddock about this, there is some concern about whether this is legit considering it's a new startup company in Ukraine. I've subscribed to get info for now...direct drive wheels are supposed to be the dogs danglers, and normally over £1000, so if it really is $388 including 2 wheel rims, direct drive wheel base and 3 pedal set including load cell brake, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on it...

https://feelvr.game/

Associate
OP
Well its going to be like $770 at release, all kickstarter early birds usually like 50% off, i think its legit, they have been in contact with me already by email.

Very little info on the website, so thanks for that, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this bad boy...will go nicely with my Pimax headset :), I might be on a slippery slope...

I just got that email too...address given is in California...interesting

Associate
OP
Definitely would like to see them turn up at a trade show with a demo unit and let peeps have a go. They said they will turn them around in 4 or 5 months as it’s the result of 2 years development. On that basis they should be able to do it. They could attach the wheel to anything as long as it works...it’s aimed at people who want to play driving games with a wheel on a PC. I really don’t understand the sim racing snob stuff at all, I play IRacing through to Mario Kart and enjoy them all for what they are lol

Associate
OP
I have this problem, my old g25 pedals that were linked to my t300 have just died, so was gonna go all out on fanatec (csl elite + v3 pedals) for my birthday/christmas present....but then this pops up on my feed. I mean I'm interested, but with any kickstarter (still waiting on my nura headphones!) it can easily all go wrong

Yeah, always a risk. I've got a Pimax headset kickstarter coming next year fingers crossed. This looks like it could be a great deal though, risky? yes, but if it comes off it'll be worth it. I think I'm going to go for it, as long as there are some independent reviewers at shows etc posting vids of it in action, which is what I waited for on the Pimax. I did miss out on the best deals by doing that.

Associate
OP
Anybody else got their e-mail? I'm going for the early bird $549 deal I think...got my pennies out the back of the sofa, just waiting for it to start now :)

FeelVR e-mail follows:

Pricing Update

Hey everyone,

The last few months have been crazy for us. We've been working day and night to prepare for our Kickstarter launch, constantly making adjustments and improvements to our product. After doing a ton of testing and attending SimRacing Expo in Germany, we've received some incredible feedback. So, we implemented some new features to Feel VR, which means we had to recalculate manufacturing costs.

Our goal has always been to be affordable, but without compromising quality. So we're sticking to our motto. We want to give you guys the best possible product, for the best possible price.

We also did some more in-depth cost calculations to make sure we're not one of those Kickstarter campaigns that don't deliver the product as promised. We're in this for the long run.

The new pricing is as follows:

Pedals:
  • Early Bird: $149
  • Regular: $199
(Retail will be $299)

Wheel:
  • Early Bird: $399
  • Regular: $449
(Retail will be $669)

Wheel + Pedals:
  • Early Bird: $549
  • Regular: $599
(Retail will be $899)

In other news, we've decided not to limit the quantity of Early Birds. What does that mean? You've got a full 48 hours to purchase Feel VR at Early Bird prices once the campaign launches! To sign up for updates and to learn more, visithttp://get.feelvr.game. We appreciate your support so far, and we can't wait to finally share Feel VR with you all.

Sincerely,
Feel VR Team

Associate
OP
People on FB groups moaning about them increasing from the initial comms...as you say, still cheap for a DD wheel and pedals. If they're serious, which they appear to be, that's still a good price.

Associate
OP
Seems like updates have stopped on this, I thought this one was less risky than the Pimax, but at least Pimax are shipping now. Well that's probably a few quid down the crapper.

Back
Top Bottom