Fergie charged by the FA again

Soldato
Except this time no one really knows why, apparently they didn't like him praising Howard Webb before the Chelsea game at OT

Yeah no witch hunt is there, none whatsoever

Soldato
Up on the beeb too.

This is getting ****ing ridiculous now, can't we say ANYTHING about the referees anymore? They're untouchable and it's wrong. Managers should be free to say whatever the hell they like, FA isn't goddamn Somalia or Taliban-era Afghanistan, if a person wants to state his opinion without reprisal he should be able to.

Soldato
Maybe I'm stating the very, very, very obvious, but I think it's time Ferguson stopped doing this, he asks for trouble everytime he comments on a ref as he always pushes it

Soldato
So when exactly can you talk about a ref? Not being able to say anything about then either before or after the game does in fact only allow you the 90 minutes in which you are playing... I mean is it a week before the game? 10 days? Or if you say so and so is a good ref in February and they then ref a match in may is that breaking the rules? Crap organisation which needs a cull at the top.

Soldato
Yeah but we all know what Ferguson is doing when he talks about a ref nowadays, all he does is try and manipulate them, if he was speaking completely innocently about them fine, he always has an agenda though which is normally not complimentary

"Even though Ferguson spoke positively about Webb, he broke FA rules which state that no manager should speak about a referee prior to a match."

From the BBC, if it's a rule it's a rule I guess

Soldato
OP
Yeah but we all know what Ferguson is doing when he talks about a ref nowadays, all he does is try and manipulate them, if he was speaking completely innocently about them fine, he always has an agenda though which is normally not complimentary

So they're charging him on a whim and an assumption then?

Gets even better :rolleyes:

Associate

So now they're charging people not by what they say but on the off chance that there could be an agenda, how do you tell the difference?

Back
Top Bottom