Ferrari 12Cilindri

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Link.

CGFQlYO.png

HHlRiH5.gif

The Italian language is very good – molto bene – at translating ordinary car names into lyrical poetry. ‘Four doors’ becomes ‘Quattroporte’. ‘Red head’ becomes ‘Testarossa’. This new Ferrari ultra-GT is called the 12 Cylinder. But Maranello would prefer you wrapped your lips around their way of talking… and called it the Dodici Cilindri.

It’s an on-the-nose celebration of Ferrari’s signature dish: a big V12. A mighty 6.5-litre orchestral instrument, mounted way behind the front axle under a gigantic clamshell ‘cofango’ bonnet designed to showcase the engine bay more dramatically than the 812 Superfast or F12.

It shuns turbochargers or any form of hybrid boost, but lighter titanium conrods and forged pistons mean it’s now even revvier. Power matches the wild 812 Competizione’s 820bhp. Maximum torque is 500lb ft at 7,250rpm, but more than three-quarters of that overtaking oomph is on tap from 2,500rpm. The redline’s a heady 9,500rpm – kiss the limiter a couple of times and you’ll find yourself doing 0-62mph in 2.9 seconds, 0-125mph in 7.8 seconds, on your way to over 217mph.

The last, final, absolutely-one-hundred-percent-done-after-this hurrah for the NA V12 Ferrari GT car.

Until the next one.

Soldato
Dark blue with a tan interior for me please! Absolutely love the front, not completely sold on the rear, but if it looks as good as the Roma, then I’d better start saving… wonder if a family of four could live in one.

Reactions: JRS
Soldato
Looks more Austin Martin than Ferrari to me.

Mind you, i would just re release the classics with updated everything and a facelift.

Back
Top Bottom