Few Issues....

Associate
Hiya guys, getting a few eeors on my machine and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction for solving them.

First one is this one below:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
.............. registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at....

Second is this one:

Hanging application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ....

These are the only errors that i get in event viewer.

Nothing seems wrong most of the time, but every now and then it may freeze after the door on the case is shut? ANd tonight when i booted up it reckoned that my hard disk was not installed, i just rebooted and its been fine ever since. I have checked all the connection and that my mem was in properly etc.
The install is not that old, 2 months i guess, but have been using the same hardware since before crimbo and all been fine.
Was overclocked before i re-installed, but have not redone it since install.

ANy pointers would be great on this one.

Cheers in advance :D
Any ideas?

I had the same errors in the event log.

Mine was due to creative apps. My machine would randomly stop allowing additional windows to open, and started being really slow to shutdown.

Try updating to the latest creative drivers (good luck, I crashed a windows boot with an update once...).

Then have a look at msconfig and see if Creative DLLML, CTHELPER, and CTXFIHLP are loading. I disabled these and the problem went away (inc the errors in the event.

ah right, yes i do have a creative s-card. X-fi actually, not sure if yours was the same?
Anyway will check it out and see what happens. Was yours recently? and what error were you getting?

Cheers

from the net

"
dllml - dllml.exe - Process Information

Process File: dllml or dllml.exe
Process Name: Creative DLL Module Loader

Description:
DLLML.exe is a process which belongs to the Creative DLL Module Loader. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
"

I disabled it as I noticed that after I killed the process it released my machine. Strangelly enough, my new installation doesnt show DLLML but I think it's because I only installed a few of the useful creative apps and left the rest of the bloat out.

I would try disabling them in msconfig and see how you get on. I did before and there were no adverse effects.

ah right, cheers for looking those up. Will take a look at getting rid of those, going to monitor it though for a bit. Atleast i have things that i can try.

Back
Top Bottom