Fiat Grande Punto

Associate
The grande punto looks great and is an excellent price but the tactile quality doesn't match up to the rest of the package, and theres the usual worries about reliability whether they are founded or not.

Soldato
OP
So many positive comments, I'm going to have to head for a test drive soon :) Thanks everyone for your help, it's quite a hard decision trying to decide on a car to buy. I know for the sort of money I'm looking to spend I could get a Mini Cooper S but that'd be about 3-4 year old as opposed to getting a new/6months old Fiat Punto. You've got all the expensive servicing to also consider with the Mini as well, plus things are more likely to start going wrong. The mini is quite a high insurance group, does 30MPG or less and in a high tax band.

I think it all depends on what you want and how much your willing to spend after the initial buying of the car. I need to do some sums and work out the whole petrol vs diesel arguement on the basis on the Punto. I'll be doing average mileage ~12,000 pa but I do like the way diesel drives and all the torque and higher MPG. The 1.4 T-Jet is a spanner in the works though, decent MPG, low insurance group and pretty quick @ 8secs to 60 and onto over 130mph. Decisions decisions...

However, after saying all that I may not actually like the way the Punto drives is in real life putting all of this out of the window :p

BeatMaster :D

Back
Top Bottom