• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Soldato
CapframeX just tweeted this out, not sure about their history with posting leaks but I must admit didn't see this coming.

@CapFrameX

FSR 2.0 to come/announced soon. Saw some footage today. Very impressive.

• Temporal upscaling + optimized AA
  • Does not need AI
  • Runs on GPUs from all vendors
  • Impressive performance and image quality
AMD even claims that it can be better than native. ^^

Soldato
OP
How long to integrate?
Integration time will vary from title to title.

fsr2-integration-timescale-1024x320.png

Soldato
OP
Nice find, pretty sure the dlss one should read "engines" and not "games"? If so, it pretty much echoes what developers have said themselves, if dlss is integrated to the engine, it is super quick and easy i.e. literally click a few buttons so makes sense that FSR/TAAU should be able to piggy back on that or achieve a similar process.

Still no videos showing it in action yet?

Video here shows it running but not against DLSS if that's what you mean.

Soldato
OP
Oh.... here's hoping it's because they are adding in their own improvements... Otherwise it kind of goes against their timeline :p

fsr2-integration-timescale-1024x320.png

Do we know if this is based on TAAU or TSR?

Developers have been pretty good about going back and adding in dlss and FSR 1 so hopefully they'll do the same with FSR 2.

Am sure they is good reason for the time against it that I do not have the answer.

All we have to go from is the date given when it was announced.

Maybe AMD is working with more devs to get a good selection of games come out at the same time rather then just deathloop.

Soldato
OP
Will this have a driver version as well like the original? Or will it be for specific poor titles like the original? basically covered bog all games, only became great once it was at driver level

For the same reason, DLSS won't be driver level I expect FSR 2.0 won't be driver level. It requires too much from the game's engine to work at the driver level.

Poor titles? FSR 1.0 game level has been added into quite a lot of good games. FSR 1.o at the game level is better quality then the driver level but its still better than nothing :D

Soldato
OP
Finally arriving at long last, disappointing list of games announced so far though.....

At long last? You acting like you been waiting years.

It's only been a few months since it's announcement.

Back
Top Bottom