• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Caporegime
I mean, I could. We're taking me into a price bracket I'd prefer not to spend for casual, occasional "burned out from work and want to just to press buttons for a bit" gaming. But if I need to in order to game on this monitor rather than juggle monitors, it's doable. I'd consider just getting a console but sometimes I like games like Dominions and Total War: Warhammer. I don't think strategy is really a thing on XBox.

I came here after watching this video because I knew there'd be a thread on this here. It honestly seems almost too good to be true but the benchmarks and quality are very impressive:

So, you would say with this I could use my 5K2K monitor for medium graphics gaming on a 6600XT or - slightly less pushing my chances - a 6700XT? Is that a fair summation?

I have no idea what that is! :D
With RSR, yes a 6600 would be fine. I think it might be worth to stump up the extra for the 6600 XT though if you can to give you a little extra muscle.

Associate
I think at that res mate you're gonna need alllllllll the power you can get, even at Medium!

With RSR, yes a 6600 would be fine. I think it might be worth to stump up the extra for the 6600 XT though if you can to give you a little extra muscle.

Ahhh! Mixed messages. :D

So okay, if I take the non-XT 6600 out of the equation, RSR could let me game at 5K2K. That's mind-blowing. It's so far ahead of what was previously possible. I figured even with 7700XT (assuming there is one) it probably wouldn't really be viable. I can make the jump to 6600XT though it's a £100more. 6700XT is almost double what I had in mind, though.

My basket at OcUK:
Total: £1,521.02 (includes delivery: £11.10)

Caporegime
Ahhh! Mixed messages. :D

So okay, if I take the non-XT 6600 out of the equation, RSR could let me game at 5K2K. That's mind-blowing. It's so far ahead of what was previously possible. I figured even with 7700XT (assuming there is one) it probably wouldn't really be viable. I can make the jump to 6600XT though it's a £100more. 6700XT is almost double what I had in mind, though.

My basket at OcUK:
Total: £1,521.02 (includes delivery: £11.10)

I'd go with the Powercolour 6600XT Fighter. OcuKs prices are competitive for this model too.

Some lovely gentleman wrote a KB article on RSR, so you may want to have a look at that too before you make a purchase just to check compatibility. Configure Radeon™ Super Resolution with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition | AMD

ANd to bring things back on topic, you'll be able use FSR 2.0 soon. :)

Soldato
The AMD driver for the 6900 has come a long way already. My scores are quite conservative but my first TimeSpy score was 17764 (GPU 19709) when I got it and not tested it for a while but my last one was 19901 (GPU 22301) this year so its had big gains already.

Like LTMatt mentioned (I think) I prefer native without any of these fancy upscaling malarkeys but if FSR 2.0 brings it closer than its a nice freebie for your GPU.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its more for the tank when the games come out that are really demanding you can use it to maintain a high fps but visually be similar. This means you should not have to ditch the 6900 just because the 7000 series hits. It will also buy you some time if you upgrade the display, I know it would have been handy when I had my vega and then got a 4k monitor.

Caporegime
This is not fsr 2.0
Video March 20'th "And now its time to look at how they compare"

Literally days before AMD launch their FSR replacement "Now is the time to look at FSR" ?

What is he smoking?
Yep that should be posted in the RSR thread I created.

He's comparing RSR to FSR which is fine, but RSR is not really designed to be used if the game natively supports FSR since that would provide better results by not affecting the UI.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It does a good job of explaining what its doing tbf. If you read the video description it says:

As AMD pushes its Radeon Super Resolution out the door, the real news is that FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is right around the corner. FSR 2.0 will drastically change (and theoretically improve) how FSR works, and RSR will inherit those changes -- making it immediately more interesting.

As @humbug noticed above, GN seems to have taken an age to cover it, so I am reading this as they needed to get it out because the new implementation is now here (and it was in there things to publish queue). :)

Associate
99% sure RSR won't inherit any improvement from FSR2.0. 2.0 will need motion vectors for each game to work, without those 2.0 is useless.

Caporegime
Looking good, just shows how bad fsr 1 is. Dlss looks a bit oversharpened there, was there a dlss sharpening slider in death loop? Personally not a fan of any kind of sharpening.

Just the motion now that needs confirmed.

Caporegime
My question is All the games right now with FSR 1.0 can these be easy to upgrade to FSR 2.0

If so that is a massive line up of games about to get a nice image quality upgrade.

Not 100% certain but would say as long as the game already has taa implemented then it should be fairly straight forward, if it doesn't have taa then it might require a bit more work.

Back
Top Bottom