• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Caporegime
You disagree, you are not complaining almost all the time about FSR?

The CP mod author isn't delighted with FSR2 results on his 1080?

And that just goes to show you either don't read posts fully or you only read what you want to see to fit the narrative.... As clearly I have mentioned that fsr 2 is great for the variety of hardware it works on and now the fact that the community have been able to get it work with any game that uses dlss is a big win.

The only thing I complain about with fsr 2 is the lackluster image quality results outside of deathloop so far (something which people originally give dlss a lot of **** for....and rightfully so, why should amds fsr 2 be treated any differently? Oh wait, sorry I forgot, "it's free"...)

CP fsr 2 results are great considering it was basically injected in by some random guy but he even said himself that it is very much a test and very limited with what he can do, only amd or/and the game developers can fine tune it i.e. in order to get rid of the awful ghosting.

Caporegime
So how is it AMDs responsibility to implement then ?

Why are you so annoyed at AMD if it's not the game/code to do with what they will ?
I'm guessing you don't work in the the software/development industry then?

Generally vendors of a software product/solution would work/partner with the companies that use said companies products to ensure they get the best from it i.e. the way nvidia do their best to make developers have all the support they need when it comes to implementing their tech hence the developers who have even stated first hand that nvidias dlss is better/easier to implement because of things like having a much better/easier to use testing tool for debugging compared to fsr 1 (not seen any comments for fsr 2 so it might be improved)

Also, why am I annoyed? I have clearly stated, this is a great thing having modders being able to implement fsr 2 without having to wait for amd..... However, as the modder for cp even stated himself:

Please note that the modder specifies he does not have enough access to engine variables to make it look nice. He says this is a ghetto hack at best and a proof of concept, not something you should use for anything other than "cuz it's interesting."

Hence the, if you want to get good results, you need to still wait on either the game developers or/and amd to work with said developers to get the best from fsr 2 as they did with deathloop.

Axe to grind, If that was not blatantly obvious by now.

No, it's just as I said:

And that just goes to show you either don't read posts fully or you only read what you want to see to fit the narrative....

Yourself and other people just don't like to see any negative comments said about amd hence the filtering of my posts to make it look like I have "axe to grind". Sorry for being a realist.

Again, I'll link to amd reddit where you have many "amd" owners who raised the same original points/complaints I made:

So can you disagree with them too I guess then.

Soldato
I'm guessing you don't work in the the software/development industry then?

Generally vendors of a software product/solution would work/partner with the companies that use said companies products to ensure they get the best from it i.e. the way nvidia do their best to make developers have all the support they need when it comes to implementing their tech hence the developers who have even stated first hand that nvidias dlss is better/easier to implement because of things like having a much better/easier to use testing tool for debugging compared to fsr 1 (not seen any comments for fsr 2 so it might be improved)

Also, why am I annoyed? I have clearly stated, this is a great thing having modders being able to implement fsr 2 without having to wait for amd..... However, as the modder for cp even stated himself:

Hence the, if you want to get good results, you need to still wait on either the game developers or/and amd to work with said developers to get the best from fsr 2 as they did with deathloop.

No, it's just as I said:

Yourself and other people just don't like to see any negative comments said about amd hence the filtering of my posts to make it look like I have "axe to grind". Sorry for being a realist.

Again, I'll link to amd reddit where you have many "amd" owners who raised the same original points/complaints I made:

So can you disagree with them too I guess then.
Make a good politician you.

It's still not up to AMD if it's not their code base, They may well have said "we will help.." How do you know whats gone on. Thechland may well have said no!.

Caporegime
Make a good politician you.

It's still not up to AMD if it's not their code base, They may well have said "we will help.." How do you know whats gone on. Thechland may well have said no!.

I'll take that as a no then :)

I'll give that last point to you though as it could be valid although I wasn't really questioning techland/dl 2 in the first place, I was just commenting that it was good to see modders making fsr 2 adoption quicker.

As per my OP, the question at hand was wanting to know why new games such as se 5 and hitman aren't pushing fsr 2 instead of fsr 1 and they are both amd sponsored...... Also f1 22 which just came out with fsr 1 instead of fsr 2 as well. Shankly is the only one who seems to be capable of sticking to the topic and answering valid questions it seems.

Great to see the community taking this into their own hands rather than having to wait on amd.

Is there a reason why developers are still adding FSR 1 rather than FSR 2 to their games i.e. f1 22, hitman and se 5 being examples, seems a bit odd to keep adding the inferior option :confused:

Not something I can really comment on. Am sure they are a reason probably more than likely it was already planned to be added in the first place and just continued down the road map. I know for sure dev teams have road maps and targets to hit.

Caporegime
Completely and utterly irrelevant to the point I am making!

So like I said, Politician ! in other words deflecting.

Flat out lie!

So after that, am out as a coherent conversation is obviously not one of your strong points.
Someone throwing their toys out the pram because they can't see the points being raised or comprehend said posts? If you can't understand then that's fine, admit it and take a step back rather than doing what the others do i.e. can't have a reasonable discussion because they can't come back with anything thus post the one liner posts attacking poster rather than the discussion at hand.

Again, I quote said posts and highlight the important bits:

The first post:

My post in response to that:

Great to see the community taking this into their own hands rather than having to wait on amd.

Is there a reason why developers are still adding FSR 1 rather than FSR 2 to their games i.e. f1 22, hitman and se 5 being examples, seems a bit odd to keep adding the inferior option

Notice the new paragraph indicating a different topic, notice the games mentioned? Notice the question that was raised about "new" games coming out now? Not old ones.

As mentioned, clearly the question made sense given shanklys response to the question at hand:

Not something I can really comment on. Am sure they are a reason probably more than likely it was already planned to be added in the first place and just continued down the road map. I know for sure dev teams have road maps and targets to hit.

Caporegime
Kettle,pot........
Maybe read over the posts again :)

Not going to address the post at hand either I see, why am I not surprised

If you can't understand then that's fine, admit it and take a step back rather than doing what the others do i.e. can't have a reasonable discussion because they can't come back with anything thus post the one liner posts attacking poster rather than the discussion at hand.

:cry:

And just to re-iterate again, shankly understood the context of the post/question hence his reply answering said question....

Last edited:
Caporegime
So apparently the FSR2 mod for Dying Light 2 works in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition too :)
And Guardian's of the Galaxy!

I just tested Dying Light 2 and using DLSS Quality instead of FSR 1.0 Ultra Quality gives a performance increase of 8-9 FPS at the same settings. :D

Image Quality Comparison

I'll put up some better screenshots later, but just wanted to confirm it works and works well.

Free DLSS with an AMD GPU @tommybhoy. :cry:

Caporegime
I'm sure deep down all the amd fans are secretly wishing that were true :cry: ;)

EDIT:

Video comparing perf. and motion, so seems like these modders are able to get performance on par with dlss now in RT workloads?

Looks like amd should be hiring them and getting rid of the current FSR 2 driver guys :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
And Guardian's of the Galaxy!

I just tested Dying Light 2 and using DLSS Quality instead of FSR 1.0 Ultra Quality gives a performance increase of 8-9 FPS at the same settings. :D

Image Quality Comparison

I'll put up some better screenshots later, but just wanted to confirm it works and works well.

:cry:
Whining that AMD need to get FSR in more games when Nv do it for them.:p

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom