FIFA 08 Official Thread

Soldato
FIFA 08 Official Thread

3359530xnj9.jpg
61ruawuavllss400or9.jpg
]
3359535xcm2.jpg

With the official release of FIFA 08 today, I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread for all FIFA related info. To get the ball rolling (excuse the pun) here are a few useful links (well, opne useful link):

Xbox 360 Achievement list

I hope this doesn't turn into a FIFA vs PES war. This is one year where I will be getting both as they both have their good points :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just got back from lunch (and £300 of free pizza :)) with my copy of FIFA 08. Unfortunately I am going out for drinks after work so won't be home until later tonight. But I don't have football until 2pm the next day so plan to stay up ALL night on this and SKATE :)

Soldato
OP
Sorry but.... Three... Hundred pounds of Pizza!?

Care to explain!? :p

haha, they bought like 25 large pizza's. I think they are 11.99 each or something (cannot be bothered to do the maths)

There are only 43 of us here as well, lol.

As for the Wii box, I'll add it now. I cannot be bothered to add the PS2 and all the others as well though.

Soldato
OP
I've picked this up on the 360 (as already stated elsewhere), but does anyone know if the Wii version has Be A Pro mode or any of the next-gen style play that the 360/PS3 version have?

Or is it more of a PS2/PC style version?

I think it is completely different to them all isn't it?

Have a look here - http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/908/908852.html

Soldato
OP
The annoying thing for me is that we usually have a 360 at work but it got the 3 RLOD a couple of weeks back, otherwise I could be playing it now. There is a PS3 and a Wii but no one else seems to have brought in FIFA 08 for them :(

Soldato
OP
I am still finding some things very frustrating in this game. Definate improvement over 07 but I feel that once PES is out then I will not play this much. I don't like the feeling that the shots are so weak most of the time.

Soldato
OP
I am still finding the shooting a bit frustrating. 7 times out of 10 it will be straight at the keeper or over the bar, whereas in the arena it seems easier to direct the shots.

I did score an AWESOME 30 yarder with Mikel against some kid in HMV today while waiting for the missus to finish shopping and I scored a great lob shot with Drogba at home that bounced off the bar then off the keeper and in :)

Loving the authenticity of the game though. I STILL find it slightly sluggish and very frustrating trying to beat players.

Soldato
OP
Does anyone find themselves using tricks simply because they are there, knowing full well that they will probably lose the ball?

I only tend to do tricks when I am in loads of space just for a bit of flair. Saying that I played online against someone the other night and I beat hime about 4 times using some awesome tricks, I was so happy.

My online record so far is Won 3 Lost 1 :)

Ont he subject of online, EVERY TIME i play it has to download a squad update. does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way around it?

Soldato
OP
Is this whenever you play online, or just whenever you start up Fifa in general?

When it is searching for an opponent and then finds one is when it does it. Sometimes people quit before it has finished downloading, so it takes ages to get into a game :(

One thing that annoys me (as I play with Chelsea a lot) is that whenever Wright-Phillips has the ball the commentator is almost gaurenteed to say "Wright-Phillips, a real bundle of energy"

ARRRRGHHH, SHUT UP!!! They say it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom