FIFA 19

Caporegime
Is it worth selling up players and replacing them with cheaper counterparts?

As in I have 89 donnarumma.

I have CL live Vand dijk, fabinho, Sanchez and aurier. Both of which could still progress should I keep them?

I dont have many spare coins say 700k so i wont be able to buy much when it hits. A lot of my players are also untradeable.

7 from one team and 5 from the other. So if I do sell up not as if I will profit a lot if I keep the live players either as the rest are worth buttons.

I also wouldn't be keen on selling otw richarlison and otw alisson in case they get another if. So really 7 players untraceable from both teams.

Will the ucl live players get just a +1 boost with progression to the final? Fabinho still doesn't feel that good now an 89 he needs a decent boost.

Soldato
Is it worth selling up players and replacing them with cheaper counterparts?

As in I have 89 donnarumma.

I have CL live Vand dijk, fabinho, Sanchez and aurier. Both of which could still progress should I keep them?

I dont have many spare coins say 700k so i wont be able to buy much when it hits. A lot of my players are also untradeable.

7 from one team and 5 from the other. So if I do sell up not as if I will profit a lot if I keep the live players either as the rest are worth buttons.

I also wouldn't be keen on selling otw richarlison and otw alisson in case they get another if. So really 7 players untraceable from both teams.

Will the ucl live players get just a +1 boost with progression to the final? Fabinho still doesn't feel that good now an 89 he needs a decent boost.

Historically, the "pre-TOTS" crash is always an epic one, think up to 40% on high end cards. If you can cope with one team for a short time then it might be worth selling now. Sure if you're only going to have 700k you're not going to be buying the meta TOTS premier league cards, but you should be able to buy your team back for a saving and have a few extra coins to throw around on very strong lesser league cards.

In the past Serie A / Ligue 1 are always the last of the big leagues to drop, so if you're waiting for those then that is likely a month or so after MC / EPL drops - so that is another month for you to build up coins, which depending on how much you play could boost the amount you have to spend.

The biggest boost the live cards can get now is another +2, that would be progression to the final and then winning the final. Its your call whether you want to hold out and gamble or cash in, personally I think we're going to be on a downward price trend now, so although we might see the cards rating improve I'm not sure whether their prices will.

If you're interested in what I'm doing - I'll have about 3 mil liquid by this weekend, when I'm expecting a VVD POTY SBC to drop which I'll be doing assuming the cost isn't ridiculous, if its over 1.6m for POTY VVD then I'll just purchase his TOTS. I have up to 5 players that I'll be looking to take out once TOTS drops, but I'll be holding them until then, aware that they are going to lose a considerable chunk of their value.

Caporegime
Historically, the "pre-TOTS" crash is always an epic one, think up to 40% on high end cards. If you can cope with one team for a short time then it might be worth selling now. Sure if you're only going to have 700k you're not going to be buying the meta TOTS premier league cards, but you should be able to buy your team back for a saving and have a few extra coins to throw around on very strong lesser league cards.

In the past Serie A / Ligue 1 are always the last of the big leagues to drop, so if you're waiting for those then that is likely a month or so after MC / EPL drops - so that is another month for you to build up coins, which depending on how much you play could boost the amount you have to spend.

The biggest boost the live cards can get now is another +2, that would be progression to the final and then winning the final. Its your call whether you want to hold out and gamble or cash in, personally I think we're going to be on a downward price trend now, so although we might see the cards rating improve I'm not sure whether their prices will.

If you're interested in what I'm doing - I'll have about 3 mil liquid by this weekend, when I'm expecting a VVD POTY SBC to drop which I'll be doing assuming the cost isn't ridiculous, if its over 1.6m for POTY VVD then I'll just purchase his TOTS. I have up to 5 players that I'll be looking to take out once TOTS drops, but I'll be holding them until then, aware that they are going to lose a considerable chunk of their value.

so a pointless endevour for live cards if I believe both will go through. if both get knocked out then i'm quids in.

so i should sell any IF players I have plus any headliner cards. they aren't worth much like the best i'll make back is 10K-20K per player.

I don't see Live Van Dijk dropping much and if they get tot he final he will be worth holding onto. I could sell Sanchez and Aurier but they have even more chance of getting to the final so if I do sell I doubt I'll be able to get better players for what i will be able to sell them for.

Essentially it's only worth selling up if you have icons, normal cards or normal IF's.

So I will sell IF Kolarov, 89 Donnarumma, SIF Belotti and HL Zapata the other 7 players are all untradeable.

My main team. I don't think it's worth selling OTW Richarlison there isn't a better player for my style for cheaper. I could sell OTW Alisson and hope he doesn't get another IF and use the 2 loan keepers I have in my club De Gea and some icon GK, as well as other loan GK's even on low chem to drag it out.

If I sell Van Dijk, Fabinho, Sanchez and Aurier I'd have 2 mill liquid but will that get me better players if they get upgraded? It's risky selling them IMO.

Anyway I'll sell the cheaper normal IF's in the hope of making a spare 100K.

Caporegime
looks like i should have sold van dijk a week ago lost quite a bit on him already several 100K's. same goes for fabinho.

sanchez and aurier are the opposite they have went up. so i've broken even on 3 of them and sold aurier for a massive profit. so i've managed to get everything i put into them back. due to them getting upgrades.

i hope i can buy them all back for cheaper or better players for similar prices in say 3-4 weeks time. until then i will use cheap players who play well.

Soldato
looks like i should have sold van dijk a week ago lost quite a bit on him already several 100K's. same goes for fabinho.

sanchez and aurier are the opposite they have went up. so i've broken even on 3 of them and sold aurier for a massive profit. so i've managed to get everything i put into them back. due to them getting upgrades.

i hope i can buy them all back for cheaper or better players for similar prices in say 3-4 weeks time. until then i will use cheap players who play well.

You’ve got two problems with the live Van Dijk item - 1) he got a 92 rated card which is now more desirable 2) they drew Barcelona, so people will have less confidence buying in the hope he gets an upgrade

That said I’d hold onto him for another week and then sell in the hype just before the match (same for Fabinho)

Caporegime
You’ve got two problems with the live Van Dijk item - 1) he got a 92 rated card which is now more desirable 2) they drew Barcelona, so people will have less confidence buying in the hope he gets an upgrade

That said I’d hold onto him for another week and then sell in the hype just before the match (same for Fabinho)

you think people in a weeks time will pay more than 500K and 700K? for them given there is a 93 card which he will get upgraded to?

the live card will equal the 93 if they beat barca across both games. so it's a pointless card unless you think they will win the CL now.

best to sell now and buy if they lose to barca in first game.

Soldato
Does anyone here play ultimate team without spending real money?
The people I watch on Youtube/Twitch must spend so much real money on the game (I realise it's for content so they probably make it all back). Most people can't play like this though surely?

Obviously these people have loads of people for SBCs, do most people have large collections of players for SBCs or do most people sell any spare players they can?

I'm just interested to know how 'normal' people play FUT compared to the Youtube/Twitch players.

Permabanned
I don't buy any packs and just build my team up over time and from the rewards from Division Rivals and Squad Battles. Had some decent pack luck and had one the orange Sane card which increased with any inform (sold for £480k at the time) and a couple of other players I sold for 80-90K etc

By all means it can be difficult to come up against the teams stacked with Icons / IF cards and the like but can still build a decent enough squad to compete at least most of the time.

Never been bothered by trading my way to more and keeping an eye on the market either as I just want to play the game itself.

Soldato
I buy the game and only put about £100 in a year its the only game I bother with between release date and summer. My teams good I think, happy with how it performs and most of my upgrades now are one I need to work towards for a wile (socrates and mattheus are the current targets) I reckon if I put 1k in for example I'd not be any better and with pack luck might not even have a much better side

Soldato
The people I watch on Youtube/Twitch must spend so much real money on the game (I realise it's for content so they probably make it all back). Most people can't play like this though surely?

Obviously these people have loads of people for SBCs, do most people have large collections of players for SBCs or do most people sell any spare players they can?

I'm just interested to know how 'normal' people play FUT compared to the Youtube/Twitch players.

Not spent a penny and have grafted with a little bit of luck. Can't complain with my team.

Soldato
I've been going for 3½ months now and my team doesn't have and special cards in (well, not that are worth me using).
Watching Youtube videos and the like people seem to have half their team as Icons and the other half are all special cards. I can't even afford the Gold version of the players they have!

I see some teams that seem to have a few really good players (Ronaldo/Messi, Neymar and/or Mbapper) and the rest pretty low rated. Is that what I should be doing, putting all my clubs worth into a few really good players and then filling the team with whatever I can find?

I realise that I'm actually running more squads than I need, so that's tying up some coins in those players, but all my squads are pretty cheap. If I sold everyone not in my matchday squad I doubt I'd be able to afford the gold Messi card.

I enjoy the game (most of the time), but it's just feeling like I'm not making any significant progress. Fifa 2020 will be out before I can even think about getting an Icon player. I can't see my squad ever being so stacked I can complete the Icon SBCs.
I'm also not good at the game, so don't get great reward packs.

Don
OP

I don’t like promoting the guy but someone called Birdie94 or something on YouTube. Look at his team and he hasn’t spent a penny. Pele,dinho,ronaldo,Petit,Eusebio etc. Problem if you’re not going to spend you need to play a lot including all WL. I put £13.99 into the game but have a goodish team from playing loads. I’m an awful trader so losing shed loads.

Associate

I spent £25 at the start of the game to get some players in the club. Currently sittting on 8 million coins plus 70 decent packs ready for TOTS. However I do lot of trading mainly with 83 to 85 rated cards.

Caporegime
I've been going for 3½ months now and my team doesn't have and special cards in (well, not that are worth me using).
Watching Youtube videos and the like people seem to have half their team as Icons and the other half are all special cards. I can't even afford the Gold version of the players they have!

I see some teams that seem to have a few really good players (Ronaldo/Messi, Neymar and/or Mbapper) and the rest pretty low rated. Is that what I should be doing, putting all my clubs worth into a few really good players and then filling the team with whatever I can find?

I realise that I'm actually running more squads than I need, so that's tying up some coins in those players, but all my squads are pretty cheap. If I sold everyone not in my matchday squad I doubt I'd be able to afford the gold Messi card.

I enjoy the game (most of the time), but it's just feeling like I'm not making any significant progress. Fifa 2020 will be out before I can even think about getting an Icon player. I can't see my squad ever being so stacked I can complete the Icon SBCs.
I'm also not good at the game, so don't get great reward packs.

You need to be good at the game and also play every weekend league all 30 games every weekend.

Also you need to do the single player squad battles every day too 4-5 matches.

Then do all the weekly objectives on top of that.

basically you need to spend 20-30 hours a week playing fifa to get good teams by not spending any money. Or be extremely lucky. But being lucky is a pipe dream for most. You might get the odd 1 player worth a few 100K but pulling a Messi or Ronaldo type card is usually reserved to once a few years unless you buy a lot of packs or do a lot of SBC's.

You can easily make around 150K a week just by doing WL and getting to gold every week. which is 8 million coins over the course of a year.

if you don't want to spend money and don't want to spend 20+ hours a week and aren't good at the game then i'd say never buy it again. i won't be buying it again and i have circa 4 million coins worth of players in my club atm.

Back
Top Bottom