Fifth Gear

Man of Honour
If anyone wants a reason as to why Top Gear is so great, then tonights Fifth Gear provided it.

Is it me or was it totally dire? They are trying so hard to copy Top Gear with virtually everything they do - I mean what on EARTH was that Merc feature? It was just dull, boring and irrelevant without the proper comedy backing.

And the 599 review? Where he says he wouldnt buy it becuase it isnt as good on the track as an F430, well I never, shock as Ferrari's 2+2 GT isnt as good as the 2 seater sports model...

It's just... dull. They should Focus on simply being factual and nothing more, they can't copy the Top Gear comedy style and should not try.

Man of Honour
OP
The Merc test had potential.

With people who can actually DO comedy, ie the TG team, it would have been funny.

With relevant tests (ie not being run over by monster trucks and deliberately sunk) it could have been useful.

It was neither.

Man of Honour
OP
roboffer said:
Got to agree with Rotty, Top Gear is bordering on turning into an awful show. The "special features" they are having to think up are getting very tedious, especially Clarksons attempts at car interior design.

Whereas I just found it as funny entertainment - I don't watch TG to find out about new cars, I watch it becuase it's amusing and funny and a good bit of light entertainment to end the weekend with.

Back
Top Bottom