Fight Night 3 - Xbox 360

Soldato
I was thinking about getting Fight Night 3 for the Xbox 360 so I downloaded the demo to give it a try, and to be honest I'm a very disappointed. Almost all of the reviews say how great it is, and apart from the nice graphics I couldn't see why.

- The fighters were really slow, they only appear to be able to shuffle across the ring like old men.
- The camera angle was rubbish (couldn't see how to change it in the demo).
- Missing some punches resulted in your boxer freezing so the opponent could counter.
- The jabs were absolutely useless - they barely touch the opponents face and look like they have as much impact as a feather.
- Multiple upper-cuts don't seem to have much impact either.

:( :(

Can someone tell me the full game isn't like this??

Caporegime
Sounds like you can't play the game.

Jabs are only meant to just touch the guy, not really do any damage.

It's so if the opponent counters the jab, you can counter his counter and the crowd goes nuts!

Change the control configuration to configuratio 3, when you do this the hooks and jabs are allocated to X Y B A instead of the joystick (which i can't stand using)

The game is really awesome, and the fights get really intense and its a fantastic multiplayer game.

Soldato
Phate said:

Jabs are only meant to just touch the guy, not really do any damage.

It's so if the opponent counters the jab, you can counter his counter and the crowd goes nuts!

Change the control configuration to configuratio 3, when you do this the hooks and jabs are allocated to X Y B A instead of the joystick (which i can't stand using)

The game is really awesome, and the fights get really intense and its a fantastic multiplayer game.
I was just typing that. I agree, sounds like you havnt figured out the game mechanics yet.. once you do you will get a lot more out of it.

Caporegime
I love being Ricky Hatton myself :D

Although on live me and some other dude were using featherweights and the Match went on for 9 rounds and by the end of it we were both bleeding so much it was worrying :D

Soldato
In order to get the most out of the game you really need to master using analog stick to throw the punches, once your used to it can throw effortless combinations.

I loved this game, not much re playability unless you go on live. But was definately worth it imho.

Soldato
OP
What??

Please tell me:
- how to make the boxers walk and move around the ring faster.
- how to change the camera view point.
- how to make the jabs look like they actually make contact.
- how to ensure that 3 upper-cuts, one after the other, make the other boxer at least look like he's been hit.

The only point that can be put down to my (any players) ability is the counter attacks. I can understand that perhaps I haven't mastered them, but it's still a bit silly that your boxer has to freeze in order for a counter attack from the opponent.

I know I can play the game; I had FN1 on the Xbox and played it for many an hour. I've played the demo of FN3 and apart from the graphics it isn't much different. I was just hoping that a few of the niggles from the original would have been cleaned up, but then again EA aren't the sort of company to do that.

Caporegime
molinari said:
What??

Please tell me:

You don't really move around the ring faster, if he's struggling to walk then its something your doing wrong, but otherwise they just walk around at normal pace

how to change the camera view point.

There is a way to do this, cannot remember how though, read the manual

how to make the jabs look like they actually make contact

What do you mean? make like they actually make contact? - if you run off a combination of jabs, or get the odd one in the comentator usually says something like "well placed jab", but normally it won't have any overall affect, they are good for making long term damage providing you throw millions of them.

how to ensure that 3 upper-cuts, one after the other, make the other boxer at least look like he's been hit.

Try pressing Start > Options > Display HUD

3 uppercuts may not have any visual affect, but trust me, they do damage.

If you run off 3 in a row you will tire yourself quickly, and won't do much damage

That's all I can be bothered to quote right now :p

Soldato
The thing to remember as well, if you keep throwing punches without much thought, your fighter will get tired and thus sluggish and his punches will have little effect. This is especially noticable with the heavyweights.

Soldato
If you are constantly throwing punches that either a. don't land or b. get blocked then your punches won't be doing any damage. Your boxer gets tired, if you notice him breathing heavy and dropping his hands then he is tired.

It's a boxing sim, it's not an arcade throw as many punches as you can in as short a time as you can. Obviously speed boxers can throw quicker punches but they also do less damage.

Practice and you will get better. Counters is where the damage is at. When you counter hear the big thud of a nice hard punch, and the crowd loves it.

Caporegime
Dkore-DeX said:
Counters is where the damage is at. When you counter hear the big thud of a nice hard punch, and the crowd loves it.

I especially like fighting Jones Jr because when he counters he uses a special punch which really kills you, but if you counter he power punch with an uppercut or a power punch the crowd and comentators go absolutely nuts! plus he stumbles around where you pretty much kill him :p

Soldato
Yeah countering and using the special punch is also good. Also to the op learn how to use the flash KO. Can make the game boring if used all the time, but if you save it for times of need it's a good way to make a come back.

Basically it gets them dazed in 1 punch. I remember facing the cpu and the first punch of the first round he flash ko'ed me lol.

Caporegime
Dkore-DeX said:
Basically it gets them dazed in 1 punch. I remember facing the cpu and the first punch of the first round he flash ko'ed me lol.

Did this to my brother once without even realising what I had done.

He was Ali, think I was hatton, we came straight upto me and I knocked him spark out and won the match.

I couldn't believe it.

The match lasted like, 20 seconds, if that.

Soldato
OP
Thank you Phate :).
It wasn't that they were struggling to walk as such, it's just that they don't move particularly fast, more of a stagger which makes it painful when trying to corner or move in on an opponent.
As for the jabs, they just look very slow and barely make contact with the face. I like a good jab, but these don't look very convincing.
I asked about the camera angle in case someone knew off the top of their head, but if I get the game I'll read the manual.

Thanks for the positive replies towards the end of the thread (Phate melchy & Dkore-Dex). I'll give the demo another couple of goes and see if I enjoy it more. I hope I do as I enjoy boxing, and multiplayer sounds great :).

Caporegime
Pap game, just set balanced style and sig punch to body. Even if your knackered and they aren't it still kills them. Even if they are covering up it still hurts them, then one to the head. Won most games inside of 10 punches.

FN1 was better the jab actually did something. As in real boxing you could slowly stick and move. Wear them down a bit before going in for the kill. FN3 is an awful boxing game. Once people worked out the sig punch no one really played it anymore.

Caporegime
molinari said:
Thank you Phate :).
It wasn't that they were struggling to walk as such, it's just that they don't move particularly fast, more of a stagger which makes it painful when trying to corner or move in on an opponent.
As for the jabs, they just look very slow and barely make contact with the face. I like a good jab, but these don't look very convincing.
I asked about the camera angle in case someone knew off the top of their head, but if I get the game I'll read the manual.

It sounds asif your just running off punches and wearing your boxer out, hence the slow punches and stuff.

This game is strategic, not just go in there arms flailing :)

Once in career mode, I was fighting someone who had better stats than me on pretty much every level, I fought him once in my usual Dodge/Punch style and got annihalated, so I threw the towel in and replayed it, and just dodged every single shot and threw as many jabs as I could at him, after 8 rounds, he had a broken nose, cuts over his face and was knackered, and I was still brand new. A few well placed combos later and he was down for good :)

The commentater went nuts and the crowd just exploded saying things like "Dollar Bill has truely earned this title tonight, this is the way boxing should be"

Loved every second of it.

Associate
The demo isn't the best tbh. Theres a lot more fun fighters to use in the full game. Granted there's still a lot of room for improvement, but it's a great game in its own right.

Nobody plays single player, it's way too easy to win, and you can just cheap you're way to victory. Multiplayer with friends round is where its at, or failing that xbox live.

The better you and you're friends get at the game the more fun you'll have playing.

After watching people who haven't played much, they do seem slow and laboured, which makes it a bit boring. However, once you master good combos, movement and blocking then the game becomes a joy to play/watch.

Soldato
molinari said:
Depends who you are using. The demo is Hopkins v Jones jr iirc, Hopkins is pretty slow anyway, jones jr moves around the ring pretty quick. Double tapping the direction rather than just holding it will make the fighter move quicker.
molinari said:
- how to change the camera view point.
It can be changed but the default is the best imo.
molinari said:
- how to make the jabs look like they actually make contact.
Again, it seems you just can't play the game properly. Taylors jab for example is absolutely lethal, more powerful than it should be infact. Jones jr has a powerful cross and Ali's jab is great for setting up other shots.
molinari said:
- how to ensure that 3 upper-cuts, one after the other, make the other boxer at least look like he's been hit.
Do you expect your opponent to go down simply from 3 uppercuts? You really do need to learn how to play the game properly, there are many different fight styles and whoever you pick to fight with has a big effect on the way you should approach the fight. Pick Lamotta and you can expect your punches to do serious damage, but don't expect the same if you pick jones jr or sugar ray.
dannyjo22 said:
Pap game, just set balanced style and sig punch to body. Even if your knackered and they aren't it still kills them. Even if they are covering up it still hurts them, then one to the head. Won most games inside of 10 punches.

FN1 was better the jab actually did something. As in real boxing you could slowly stick and move. Wear them down a bit before going in for the kill. FN3 is an awful boxing game. Once people worked out the sig punch no one really played it anymore.
That's true for SP, MP is completely different. The AI probably wasn't programmed to expect people to just throw special punches every time. Try doing it to a human opponent over xbl and you wont even last the first round.

Anyone who would like a boxing lesson from me, feel free to let me know. ;)

Caporegime
wedgie22 said:
That's true for SP, MP is completely different. The AI probably wasn't programmed to expect people to just throw special punches every time. Try doing it to a human opponent over xbl and you wont even last the first round.

Anyone who would like a boxing lesson from me, feel free to let me know. ;)

Yeah but the op was talking career SP :p Which is one punch stuff. Stamina don't matter in that.

Back
Top Bottom