Final check

Soldato
In a week now, my wages come through and I can order parts.
I'm just ordering core components this month, and finishing my new build next month, can you guys let me know what you think of these?

X2 3800+ Processor
Asrock 939DualSATA2 mobo
x1800xt 512MB GFX (for an extra 30 quid may as well double the ram)
450W Antec Smartpower PSU
Antec SonataII case

For a month its gonna be paired with:
1GB Geil Golden Value
160GB ATA133 Samsung Spinpoint
40GB ATA133 Maxtor Diamondmax8
dvd/cdrw
dvd

Then the month after gonna get:
New Black DVDRW
New Black DVD
2GB GSkillZX Dual Channel Kit
250GB Hitachi Deskstar SATAII
POSSIBLY Creative X-FI Fatality
POSSIBLY Logitech MX518

Let me know what you guys think. I already have a creative 5.1 sound system, a SM959NF Monitor (sprayed black for uber looks) and an mx510 and keyboard. Would like to replace it though as after over a year of hard use, its wearing out a bit.

Your thoughts please :)

PS. Have a budget of about £50 for mobo, are there any others (dont mention competitors, I'll just look for the boards) that I should be looking at that are more stable and better overclockers etc, cos I'd quite like to get some cpu overclocking on this thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I went with the 8mb cache 250GB HD as I heard it was the second fastest drive out after raptor due to data density on the platters, I'm also a bit wary about epox as my mate is having some issues with them right now, and they're not being overtly helpful, besides ocuk doesnt stock them anymore.
I'll look into asus, my only issue with that is I'm not sure if it clocks well, and I've also heard a lot of people have been having trouble witht that board (althought it might only be the SLI Variant)

Any more suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I am more than a little reluctant about the MVP as I heard there were/are a LOT of dodgy boards out there. As far as I know these issues have not yet been fixed?

And based on previous experiences, I'll likely get an NEC and Samsung drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom