Final Fantasy IX out now PS4

Caporegime
Was announced at the Tokyo Game Show.

Additional elements
· Trophy function, share function
· Seven types of boost functions such as high speed mode, no encounter etc, which can be used from the configuration in the game menu, pause screen and no game
· Auto save function
· High resolution of characters and movies

Appears to be based on the mobile version which I believe to be the same as the Steam version.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=EP0082-CUSA08918_00-FF9FORPS4BUNDLE1

Never did like 8 after playing 7, but I hear a lot that this is a very good Final Fantasy game so I might be tempted.

Soldato
PSOne era Final Fantasy games are my absolute favourite. I have a lot of love for X of course from the PS2, but VII, VIII and IX are masterpieces in my opinion and coincide with my upbringing/early years.

I wasn't duly aware of the release of Final Fantasy IX when it was initially released in 2000, at my tender age of ten, so when my parents and I walked into our local town shopping centre and I noticed Final Fantasy IX in the gaming section of a store, I immediately knew I'd have to get it at some point. Now, I'm not the sort of child who was spoilt as a kid (not complaining in the slightest), but money was never that prevalent in our household. For whatever reason, we left with that game that day. I think my parents knew full well the power of a Final Fantasy game to keep me quiet for years on end, so it was probably a no brainer for them!

And what an epic tale Final Fantasy IX was, the setting, story, graphics, characters, battle system, mini games (OMG the mini games), and all of the other beautiful crafted pieces of this game were amazing back in the day. To some extent, unrivaled still.

So, er, yeah - I'll be buying it when I get home. Platinum trophy, I see ya, and I'm coming for you.

Question...does the speed up functionality speed up the in game clock too? If it doesn't then Excaibur II should be a doddle.

Soldato
I loved VII, enjoyed VIII and then X on PS2. Never played IX and tempted to get it but I had it on PS3 as a PSOne game and never got in to it. Ni No Kuni was purchased at same time and got in to that more.

Back
Top Bottom