1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VII - Remake

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Rossi~, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

It should be a massive game, which will be excellent.

2. ic1male

Caporegime

Er... I don't. :D I've not gotten further than meeting Red XIII or whatever that dog-like thing is called. I've been waiting for this remake for aeons now.

3. Tauren

Capodecina

I'd personally experience the original in all its glory before diving into this. :p (I have about 15 times now. Favorite game of all time )

4. ic1male

Caporegime

I'll do it the other way round - play the new one first and then the old one. That way, I have no expectations about the new one and won't know if it's crap compared to the original. :p

5. Tauren

Capodecina

Good logic there. :p

I hope it loves up to the name.

6. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

Time to bring the hype back

IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!

More info coming in June!

7. ShortWarning

Mobster

Yes!

Still not sure about the action battle system but other than that it looks good to me!

8. carrot1401

Mobster

Same here, I think a lot of people will miss the old battle system and random battles. I also feel they would have likely saved a lot of time keeping the old ways.

9. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

I thought this would of ended up being a PS5 release, but the trailer states PS4 so this might be coming sooner than I thought it would.

10. wingman

Mobster

Wait for the PS5 to be officially announced at E3, then the SE event will show FFVIIR being released as a launch title on the PS5, possibly alongside the PS4 too.

Just my theory.

11. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

The battle system completely changes the game for me to the point it would feel like a completely different game. I see no point in changing one of the most revered games so dramatically so I don't hold much interest.

12. ShortWarning

Mobster

Whilst all of us who played the original would much prefer the original battle system I guess they don't think it will appear to today's younger generation of gamers. I think they're probably correct to an extent. It is a real shame though.

13. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

Would be nice if they offered both the classic battle system and the new one, but obviously that would be massive work if they already have most scenes in place that rely on the current battle system they got going on now.

14. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

I am a big believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it and it looks like they have gone way overboard in that. I will just stick to the original.

You're right though, it'll be for the newer generation of attention deprived kids. Shame.

15. malachi

Sgarrista

Battle system still looks like the one from FF Crisis Core. Which isnt bad.

16. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

Might just be me being a grumpy old man but I prefered the old style RPG battle system. I haven't enjoyed any FF game since they changed it to more action oriented combat.

17. Rossi~

Capodecina

That's a monumental NOPE from me. Though not sure what i was expecting to be honest.
    What a shame.

Indeed, XIII and XV, basically.

Last decent proper Final Fantasy was XII, IMO.

18. wingman

Mobster

It isn't a remaster, it's a remake - I even think the directors have advised to expect it more of a reimagining than a straight up remaster.

It's my favourite game of all time and I'm so glad that it was made back in 1997, but this has me really rather hyped. I want it to be a bit different to how it was.

Can't wait.

19. elh_2009

Hitman

i think this is going to happen as well, nice limited edition FFVII PS5 would do me just perfect

my favorite game of all time and im quite excited but also worried they are going to destroy it, either way day one purchase.

20. McManicMan

Soldato

As soon as they mentioned episodic release that turned me off straight away.