Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Caporegime
I'd personally experience the original in all its glory before diving into this. :p (I have about 15 times now. Favorite game of all time )

I'll do it the other way round - play the new one first and then the old one. That way, I have no expectations about the new one and won't know if it's crap compared to the original. :p

Soldato
I thought this would have ended up being a PS5 release, but the trailer states PS4 so this might be coming sooner than I thought it would.

Wait for the PS5 to be officially announced at E3, then the SE event will show FFVIIR being released as a launch title on the PS5, possibly alongside the PS4 too.

Just my theory.

Soldato
The battle system completely changes the game for me to the point it would feel like a completely different game. I see no point in changing one of the most revered games so dramatically so I don't hold much interest.

Soldato
The battle system completely changes the game for me to the point it would feel like a completely different game. I see no point in changing one of the most revered games so dramatically so I don't hold much interest.

Whilst all of us who played the original would much prefer the original battle system I guess they don't think it will appear to today's younger generation of gamers. I think they're probably correct to an extent. It is a real shame though.

Soldato
Would be nice if they offered both the classic battle system and the new one, but obviously that would be massive work if they already have most scenes in place that rely on the current battle system they got going on now.

Soldato
Whilst all of us who played the original would much prefer the original battle system I guess they don't think it will appear to today's younger generation of gamers. I think they're probably correct to an extent. It is a real shame though.

I am a big believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it and it looks like they have gone way overboard in that. I will just stick to the original.

You're right though, it'll be for the newer generation of attention deprived kids. Shame.

Soldato
OP
That's a monumental NOPE from me. Though not sure what i was expecting to be honest.
What a shame.

Might just be me being a grumpy old man but I prefered the old style RPG battle system. I haven't enjoyed any FF game since they changed it to more action oriented combat.

Indeed, XIII and XV, basically.

Last decent proper Final Fantasy was XII, IMO.

Soldato
It isn't a remaster, it's a remake - I even think the directors have advised to expect it more of a reimagining than a straight up remaster.

It's my favourite game of all time and I'm so glad that it was made back in 1997, but this has me really rather hyped. I want it to be a bit different to how it was.

Can't wait.

Associate
Wait for the PS5 to be officially announced at E3, then the SE event will show FFVIIR being released as a launch title on the PS5, possibly alongside the PS4 too.

Just my theory.

i think this is going to happen as well, nice limited edition FFVII PS5 would do me just perfect

my favorite game of all time and im quite excited but also worried they are going to destroy it, either way day one purchase.

Back
Top Bottom