1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VII - Remake

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Rossi~, Jun 16, 2015.

1. wingman

Mobster

Genuine question - why?

2. hyperseven

Soldato

Thought Sony are not doing E3 :confused:

3. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

4. wingman

Mobster

Furry muff.

Still reckon the remake will be a PS5 launch title though.

5. ZG002

Capodecina

Well yeah, apart from all the info they have already told us which they never usually do lol.

As long as they don't do the stupid warping from FF15.

I'd prefer a true to form remaster with some extra bells and whistles but as long as they don't mess with the story arc too much it should be ok.

Think I've played through the original 3 times now sinking over 100hrs into one of those, so I'm open to a light shake up.

I've not got much faith in SE doing the right thing though :/

6. No1newts

Capodecina

I was hoping for a remake with bells and whistles, as you put it, but the more I hear the more I expect to absolutely butcher what came before. It may actually end up being an ok game in its own right but I have a feeling that if I want to re-experience FF7 it will still be a replay of the old classic and this will just be something completely different.

7. ZG002

Capodecina

Did you play crisis core? If it's more like that I think I'd be ok, but yeah I don't have much faith in SE and they will likely as you say butcher the story and ruin the whole thing.

8. antijoke

Caporegime

Well Sony aren’t at E3 this year....

9. wingman

Mobster

Already responded to that point.

10. Yrkoon

Wise Guy

a third of the game for full whack and the other ones at full whack?

11. wingman

Mobster

But you're comparing apples to oranges. Hell, we don't even know what we're comparing at the moment.

Considering we don't know the prices of them, or if they're still episodic, or how fleshed out they're intending on making the game, we can't say whether or not episodic is a bad thing or good.

Yeah, if they keep it to Midgar for the first episode, some may be put off by that as it's a 5/6 hour game when compared to the original. But what if they've fleshed out Midgar to the point of it being a 15/20 hour epic? I'd pay "full whack" for that, and I'd actually prefer them doing that than simply a 1:1 with the original game. I love the idea of this being a reimagining.

Don't get me wrong there's every chance SE will fluff this one, but I have hope. It's easy to judge this game so early on, but until June, we really don't know anything about it.

12. antijoke

Caporegime

It’s still episodic

13. ShortWarning

Mobster

From an early interview I'm sure I remember them saying that each "episode" would be as long as the original game. If this is correct I'm okay with it. There's plenty more story that can be had from the FFVII universe.

14. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

Kinda hoping there will be some crisis core in there, Not just remake the FF7 story but include Crisis core story as well, it's a crucial part to the main plot imo

15. wingman

Mobster

Genuine question - do you have a source for this?

16. antijoke

Caporegime

17. wingman

Mobster

Hmm, not saying you're wrong (I actually think it would be episodic), but this is the link to that SE blog post:

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/topics/detail/801/

Translated from Jap to Eng isn't ideal of course but it doesn't say as a definite that it's episodic or in parts:

18. RedStarRiot

Mobster

I can't wait for this, still a day one purchase for me.

19. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

Unless it has all the characters,locations and story intact, I wont touch it with a bargepole. VII was a seminal game for me.

20. Amatsubu

Mobster

I read that in Japanese and it actually seems like it does. The text more or less says they're revising the content and continuing development in episodic format.