1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VII - Remake

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Rossi~, Jun 16, 2015.

1. bakes0310

Capodecina

Definitely getting it me and my grandad must of finished it about 15 times between us.

2. Simmz

Wise Guy

See what happens at 2am for Squares E3 conference. Makes me wonder if they won't show anything at all now as seems pointless to have released that a day before their conference.

3. malachi

Sgarrista

They could show 5 to 10 mins of live gameplay, go into more details about the game. Even announce an early beta/demo. That would get the crowd going.

4. Moothead2

Sgarrista

Confirmed worldwide release is 03/03/20. Have to say it looks lovely but the battle system just isn't doing it for me, just give me Chrono Trigger's battle system with these visuals and I'd be happy.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  5. Vengance

Hitman

1st Class edition ordered this morning. Really looking forward to this.

6. antijoke

Caporegime

Jesus, 2 blu rays for Midgar only, seems to be new music, and DLC materia Simmons?

This deal keeps getting worse.

7. wingman

Mobster

Same here - can't believe that they had the audacity to charge postage too mind, given the RRP.

2 blu rays gives me hope that it's a fully fleshed out game on it's own.

New music? What else did you expect? I've heard the original songs in there too (just remastered).

DLC is a bit irritating but, doesn't basically every game have that nowadays anyway?

8. kurosagi01

Gangster

I've just pre-ordered the deluxe edition myself and if they have expanded Midgar then I'm hoping there be new areas to explore and more character lore etc. Midgar is a sub 5-10hour(depending on how much you want to grind) part of disc 1 on PS1 alone.
    If there was 50+ hours per disc worth then sure..seemed reasonable?

9. Simmz

Wise Guy

They kind of drop a hint on their own website. I've made it bold for people to see.

There is no way this is the full game on two disks. They are going to milk the **** out of this and I reckon it will be 3 parts maybe a max of 5 and YES you will need to buy all of them, and YES I will buy all of them :D

"Pre-order now to get the Chocobo Chick Summon Materia DLC. Also receive double Members Rewards points for pre-ordering on the SQUARE ENIX STORE.

A spectacular reimagining of one of the most visionary games ever, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE rebuilds and expands the legendary RPG for today.
    The first entry in a multi-part saga, delivering a level of depth inconceivable for the original. Mind-blowing story, unforgettable characters, epic battles and technical excellence collide."

10. Muska

Wise Guy

Quite a long presentation from last night but it describes the new combat system well, I think it's better than I imagined it would be.

11. Pighardia

Capodecina

I'm very hyped. Thought it looked great and I'm happy with pretty much everything I saw. Yes i would love justa straight up copy of the ATB system, but that was never going to happen. What we have looks a good compromise.

i might start 7 again this week.

Am I right in thinking disc 1 is just Midgar or did I imagine that?

Edit- Also saw the FFVIII remaster announced too:)

12. Simmz

Wise Guy

Yeah disk 1 is just Midgar which they will expand the story there. Assume will have an open world feel to it. Not idea where disk 2 will take us up 2 though...

13. kurosagi01

Gangster

I've been getting the impression Midgar alone was disc 1 and 2 lol.

14. Tauren

Capodecina

Looking forward to the VIII remaster more than this atm.. :(

15. wingman

Mobster

It is.

The FFVIIR game will be released on the 3rd March 2020, which will be spread across two blu-rays, and that's just Midgar.

Where did your read that? I assume you're incorrect here.

The two disk requirement is probably due to the cinematics. We're only getting Midgar in the first installment, and it's across two blu ray disks.

16. antijoke

Caporegime

Two discs doesn’t mean it’s fleshed out at all, and just how many discs will it eventually be for the full game?

I didn’t hear the classic music at all...and so what if most Games have DLC? Doesn’t mean you cram it into this in the form of DLC materia.

I have real concerns at quality of this game content wise, not presentation wise.

They say it’s too much content to make the game as one game then artificially inflate the content, sounds sus to me.

17. wingman

Mobster

It certainly doens't suggest it's going to be a five hour game, either.

No idea re: how many discs in the end either, since even though I've pre-ordered the 1st Class edition, I'll be getting the game digitally anyway.

Right at the beginning - I'm at work at the moment but I'm pretty sure I recalled most of the music.

I'm afraid in this day and age, it does mean exactly that. Day one DLC is prolific in modern gaming.

Based on what? I'm not without my doubts, but it's been said multiple times that this is a reimagining of the original game - I'm pretty sure Nomura said it's going to be flehsed out.

We will find out, soon enough.[/QUOTE]

18. ShortWarning

Mobster

I heard LOTS of the classic music in the gameplay reveal thing and trailer.

I still think I'd prefer the old combat but I can live with this I think. It looks amazing tbh.

19. Plainsong

Soldato

^Agreed. It does look amazing. Very interested to see how it turns out.

20. StriderX

Capodecina

Why oh why do they gate actual items in the game behind a ******* £300 charge... Honestly