1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VII - Remake

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Rossi~, Jun 16, 2015.

1. TNA

Capodecina

Looks awesome. Hyped!

2. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

Looking good. But I will need it to remain true to the original for me to buy in.

That includes chocobo farming, summoning, Weapons and all the other cool stuff from FFVII. :)

3. elh_2009

Hitman

Is it March 3rd yet?

4. SpeedFreak

Soldato

lost a lot of my life discovering how to make a golden chocobo!

5. Gray2233

Wise Guy

Was the worst part of the game for me, but I soldiered on because I loved the rest so much!

I remember beating Ruby and Emerald without the Gold Chocobo, meaning no Knights of the Round etc.

6. Noxia

Soldato

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is seeing 'that scene' in glorious HD.

7. Gray2233

Wise Guy

My first time playing through the game I actually had to take a break after that scene, I felt legitimately sad and then angry, which pushed me into playing on. It was the first game I'd played that really struck an emotional chord.

8. Moothead2

Sgarrista

Never really understood why people cared that much to be honest. She was a bland character and the nature of the materia system meant you weren't losing much utility. But that just seems to be me :p.

9. Noxia

Soldato

I think it was just unexpected, I don't really recall any game that had the death of a main character like that prior.

Yeah I think I was angry too because I'd grinded quite a bit with her lol.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  10. elh_2009

Hitman

yep thats just you lol :p

well unless they totally change the story we wont be seeing that until part 2

i literally cant wait for this, ive watched the trailer so many times. wish i could play the demo again.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  11. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Demo?

Whatve I missed lol

12. malachi

Sgarrista

Only the demo for people who attended game shows such as EGX.

13. elh_2009

Hitman

Yeah the one from EGX, was only about 15 mins long but a nice taster.

14. Simmz

Wise Guy

15. No1newts

Capodecina

Does anyone know at what point part one ends and is there an ETA on part two?

I would rather wait longer and have the whole thing as one, seems a little odd splitting it.

16. elh_2009

Hitman

Nothing confirmed on ETA for Part 2 but i think they have said they are already in progress. Part one is Midgar so it ends when you escape Midgar on the bike, or so we think.

17. No1newts

Capodecina

That's quite a small bit of the game, seems a bit odd ending there. Day one purchase for me irrespective but wish it was the whole thing :p

18. Martini1991

Caporegime

This has never made sense to me.
    It's like it's ending at the prologue.

Looking at some "long plays" it's ending close to 20% into the game.
    If they're expanding midgar to be bigger then they're either not doing that to the rest of the game in which case the rest of the game will seem poorly paced, or we're going to end up with at least 4 parts.

19. sja360

Mobster

Original game was 4 discs so it's hardly unexpected it to be 4 parts. It is going to be annoying having to wait on the next part being released though. Can't say I've seen a game released like that before.

20. Martini1991

Caporegime

Original game was 3 discs.

Disc 3 was also the start of the end of the game as well, rather than being 66% through it. (To be precise, part 29 of the 30 part walkthrough on IGN)

It's a bit like Mass Effect 1 getting remade but split into multiple parts with the first game ending after you've left the citadel.

I also imagine it'll be jarring to finish part 1 of FF-7 and then start part 2 and suddenly the graphics have changed etc lol.