Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Only thing I'm not looking forward to is seeing 'that scene' in glorious HD.

My first time playing through the game I actually had to take a break after that scene, I felt legitimately sad and then angry, which pushed me into playing on. It was the first game I'd played that really struck an emotional chord.

Soldato
Never really understood why people cared that much to be honest. She was a bland character and the nature of the materia system meant you weren't losing much utility. But that just seems to be me :p.

Soldato
Never really understood why people cared that much to be honest. She was a bland character and the nature of the materia system meant you weren't losing much utility. But that just seems to be me :p.

I think it was just unexpected, I don't really recall any game that had the death of a main character like that prior.

My first time playing through the game I actually had to take a break after that scene, I felt legitimately sad and then angry, which pushed me into playing on. It was the first game I'd played that really struck an emotional chord.

Yeah I think I was angry too because I'd grinded quite a bit with her lol.

Last edited:
Associate

yep thats just you lol :p

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is seeing 'that scene' in glorious HD.

well unless they totally change the story we wont be seeing that until part 2

i literally cant wait for this, ive watched the trailer so many times. wish i could play the demo again.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know at what point part one ends and is there an ETA on part two?

I would rather wait longer and have the whole thing as one, seems a little odd splitting it.

Nothing confirmed on ETA for Part 2 but i think they have said they are already in progress. Part one is Midgar so it ends when you escape Midgar on the bike, or so we think.

Caporegime
Nothing confirmed on ETA for Part 2 but i think they have said they are already in progress. Part one is Midgar so it ends when you escape Midgar on the bike, or so we think.

This has never made sense to me.
It's like it's ending at the prologue.

Looking at some "long plays" it's ending close to 20% into the game.
If they're expanding midgar to be bigger then they're either not doing that to the rest of the game in which case the rest of the game will seem poorly paced, or we're going to end up with at least 4 parts.

Soldato
This has never made sense to me.
It's like it's ending at the prologue.

Looking at some "long plays" it's ending close to 20% into the game.
If they're expanding midgar to be bigger then they're either not doing that to the rest of the game in which case the rest of the game will seem poorly paced, or we're going to end up with at least 4 parts.

Original game was 4 discs so it's hardly unexpected it to be 4 parts. It is going to be annoying having to wait on the next part being released though. Can't say I've seen a game released like that before.

Caporegime
Original game was 4 discs so it's hardly unexpected it to be 4 parts. It is going to be annoying having to wait on the next part being released though. Can't say I've seen a game released like that before.

Original game was 3 discs.

Disc 3 was also the start of the end of the game as well, rather than being 66% through it. (To be precise, part 29 of the 30 part walkthrough on IGN)

It's a bit like Mass Effect 1 getting remade but split into multiple parts with the first game ending after you've left the citadel.

I also imagine it'll be jarring to finish part 1 of FF-7 and then start part 2 and suddenly the graphics have changed etc lol.

Back
Top Bottom