Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Wow the game looks utterly incredible. I think what I'm most excited about is the tighter narration regarding Sephiroth, Hojo, Jenova and the Reunion thing as it was hazy regarding the exact details in the original. I really can't wait for it.

Associate
They have done a brilliant job so far with the remake (from what the gameplay videos look), can't wait till my copy comes through my letter box

Rab

Rab

Associate
looking so forward to this till found out it only part 1, very expensive game if comes out disc 2 disc 3. with no date yet on them.

Associate
Decided to cancel my preorder of the £80 edition and wait it out for PC release or a DLC complete edition or something later in the year.
I've heard the exclusive is until April 2021..so either they will release a PC release or it means part 2 will be a PS5 release.

Soldato
Sold my PS4 pro to get a switch, no regrets but I do want to want play this. Gonna wait for the pc version or playstation 5 console and just play it on that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm torn I want this at launch but not knowing when part2 will come is frustrating and putting me off getting this.

Way I feel ATM is wait it out and buy part1/2 together as no doubt both be on ps5

Soldato
When they first announced the remake, they said its going to be in parts. They never said how many, it could be 2, could be 3 or 4. We don't know, I'm sure they don't either.

No point in waiting if it's unknown, they could decide to one part per console generation or 4 to 5 years.

Soldato
It's a day one buy for me (Still undecided if I want physical or digital), plus its fate cause my birthday is the release date if they don't delay it again so I'll be booking the week of the 13th off to have a nice long break to play it.

Caporegime
I'm a big FF7 fan (Being pretty much the first JRPG I ever played) and it holds some special memories for me, I'm majorly hyped for the FF7 remake and I've been anticipating it ever since that PS3 tech demo back in 2005ish time.

However, I've just started it on PC via Steam and I've just breezed past Midgar. I literally can not fathom how they're going to make Midgar an entire game in itself. I even question what's the point of making a Midgar a full game? It's a small section of a bigger game.

Associate
The more i read, the less hyped i am. No complete game on release, and from that article, preorder bonuses. I know FF7 hasn't aged well, but changing too much will only ever annoy people. And let's be fair, it's older players that'll be the main audience. I'll be waiting for reviews, but i do with the majority of games.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If the game does not last at least 20-30 hours then it will be sad. I hope it is at least half the overall remake and they do not do 3 instalments.

Associate
However, I've just started it on PC via Steam and I've just breezed past Midgar. I literally can not fathom how they're going to make Midgar an entire game in itself. I even question what's the point of making a Midgar a full game? It's a small section of a bigger game.

The article above talks about one of Hojo's trainees selling materia in the slums, or something along those lines.

You can collect Battle Report quests from Chadley in the Sector 7 slums. He’ll ask you to achieve various requirements, such as making a certain number of enemies burst or use Assess Materia a certain number of times.

Complete these tasks, and he’ll develop more Materia that you can buy.

Less OG Final Fantasy, more run of the mill stuff.

Could be good, could be blah.

Back
Top Bottom