Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Now that the first episode of Final Fantasy VII Remake is almost here, the team is working on its sequel, which will take us further into the world beyond Midgar. There’s no word yet on how many more instalments there will be beyond that, but the developers have been open about the saga continuing for not years, but decades, with producer Yoshinori Kitase, another Final Fantasy veteran, announcing that he plans to work on it for the rest of his career. And there is certainly rich enough material to carry it on for as long. It is clear, once again, that there is nothing at all final about this fantasy.

Quote from an interview with the game designer. Anyone hoping to see the remake through start to finish consider giving up hope :p:(

Going to get milked to bits.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Quote from an interview with the game designer. Anyone hoping to see the remake through start to finish consider giving up hope :p:(

Going to get milked to bits.
Wtf... 3 is the maximum it should ever be.

Well as long as they are 40hrs of gameplay on each release and they are super fun then I can't complain.

Permabanned
A part of me thinks the change in the bombing of the reactor is to keep things PC? In the original, Avalanche are an eco-terrorist group, and them blowing up the reactor kills innocents.. I don't know if that is deemed as appropriate material in a game in this day and age...

I have heard, but don't remember myself specifically, that in the original when you go to 7th Heaven after blowing up the first reactor, Jesse has some dialogue where she says that she didn't expect the bomb to cause as much damage as it did... perhaps indicating that Shinra destroying their own reactors was part of the plot in the original, or an idea that was cut but the dialogue remained. Others think it's just coincidence and she's literally just saying the bomb she designed did more damage than she predicted. Who knows.

Soldato
Demo wasn't bad, Barret annoyed me which is about right... only really warmed to him part way through the original. Voice acting is how I expected him.

Combat is different but at least you aren't warping all over the place like FF15, you have to remember the original combat is pretty restricted until you start to make your way to the end of Midgar. I think when you start to gather materia and new weapons it will be pretty fun.

Slight changes to the story line I can live with, I've put over 250hrs on three play throughs of the originals over the years so it's kind of refreshing to me.. only thing I don't like is the fact they will milk this and by the end (if we ever get there!) They will have completely ****** it up, I have no faith in SE lol.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I wish they left gameplay the same (just tweaked it) and just updated graphics/sound and released it in one go. This milking business might go sour if each game released is not big and to a high standard.

Soldato
I've been thinking over the weekend I'm probably going to give the first game a swerve and wait until the second lands on the new PS6 which will hopefully see the first get a little update as well.

I've got loads to play through, the release schedule has ****** me off a little and £60 for a partial game..... Certainly swerving at release day and going to either wait until number 2 or when it hits sale.

Bit of a shame but there you go.

Still be watching this thread like a hawk :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've been thinking over the weekend I'm probably going to give the first game a swerve and wait until the second lands on the new PS6 which will hopefully see the first get a little update as well.

I've got loads to play through, the release schedule has ****** me off a little and £60 for a partial game..... Certainly swerving at release day and going to either wait until number 2 or when it hits sale.

Bit of a shame but there you go.

Still be watching this thread like a hawk :p
Is it not available for around £45-50?

My plan is complete it once (maybe twice if very good) then sell it before it losses value. Then later buy it on steam once I see it on sale eventually.

If this game has good amount of play time and turns out to be very good I will just keep buying and playing them as they come out. Will replay it all when no doubt they release it as one big game in the future.

Soldato
Is it not available for around £45-50?

My plan is complete it once (maybe twice if very good) then sell it before it losses value. Then later buy it on steam once I see it on sale eventually.

If this game has good amount of play time and turns out to be very good I will just keep buying and playing them as they come out. Will replay it all when no doubt they release it as one big game in the future.

From what we understand it's just the Midgar section but with more locations and slightly fluffed out but we know where it begins and ends. Looking at the scene flash at the end of the demo it looks although a large portion will be extending the post reactor chase scene which is fine but it will just be fighting not really story.

I'll probably talk myself back into come release I'm just a bit bummed out by the message of multiple releases, over decades Yadda Yadda. It just feels more an open ended milking session now as opposed to a specific project to remake the game. If they had 3/4/5 games (not bothered about number necessarily) releasing every two years I would be fine but the vagueness of it all leaves me a little disquieted about their intentions. Why not delay it 3 years and release the whole thing? Dollar, dollar is the reason (or yen, yen to be precise)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
From what we understand it's just the Midgar section but with more locations and slightly fluffed out but we know where it begins and ends. Looking at the scene flash at the end of the demo it looks although a large portion will be extending the post reactor chase scene which is fine but it will just be fighting not really story.

I'll probably talk myself back into come release I'm just a bit bummed out by the message of multiple releases, over decades Yadda Yadda. It just feels more an open ended milking session now as opposed to a specific project to remake the game. If they had 3/4/5 games (not bothered about number necessarily) releasing every two years I would be fine but the vagueness of it all leaves me a little disquieted about their intentions. Why not delay it 3 years and release the whole thing? Dollar, dollar is the reason (or yen, yen to be precise)
Yea. Not happy about it all. I am just going to continue looking at it from the point of view of better than nothing. That is again assuming if each release is very good. If it turns out to be underwhelming then I will just ignore future releases and play them all in one go in a few decades time once it is done.

2050: Bzzt sorry the invisible wall of doom states you cannot cross this line for 4 years until episode 16 comes out.
Yeah. Sucks.

Caporegime
I've just finished where disc 1 would end.
I don't understand how it can be satisfactory that all we're getting is up to Midgar, the amount of content that is post Midgar but still disc one is pretty large.

The game should have been two parts, but the split should have been where disc 1 ends.

The remake it going to be weird with Midgar being so large considering you just smash past places like the temple of the ancients in about an hour of the original

Associate
I've just finished where disc 1 would end.
I don't understand how it can be satisfactory that all we're getting is up to Midgar, the amount of content that is post Midgar but still disc one is pretty large.

The game should have been two parts, but the split should have been where disc 1 ends.

The remake it going to be weird with Midgar being so large considering you just smash past places like the temple of the ancients in about an hour of the original
Mentioned in few threads back there is rumor that "part 1" ends when the group reaches Costa del sol, so the game sort of ends with a Jenova boss fight finale if true.

Caporegime
Mentioned in few threads back there is rumor that "part 1" ends when the group reaches Costa del sol, so the game sort of ends with a Jenova boss fight finale if true.

I'd assume Red would be playable if that's the case, but alas he's not.
Also Yuffie is attainable before Costa Del Sol and yet she's not been shown at all.

Jenova is in Midgar, Sepiroth rips it out of the Lab, it'd make sense for the fight to be there.

Soldato
Surely it's going to end right before you would normally hit the world map?

Chuck in some more content and larger areas, the fights seem to last a little longer. make a game last "40hrs" in reality that will be 20 at best.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished the demo at the weekend and it is truly brilliant.

The talk of unlimited parts has worried me slightly just because if the quality starts dropping they may never actually finish the game.

I had this with Assassin's creed. Unlike most I was pretty invested in the real life stuff and when they realised they could make unlimited sequels they binned it off and never concluded the story so I stopped playing.

It's motivated me to start back on the original remaster. I've grinded everyone's level 3 limit breaks (that I have available anyway) about to hit Nibelheim.

Soldato
I've been playing the demo, I love it, but its got me thinking a bit more seriously about this Remake. I'm concerned about how many games it's going to take to finish the story "IF" they're fleshing it out more thoroughly like (supposedly) Midgar is.

I've always just thought it'd be a trilogy. Something like say;

Part 1 = Midgar
Part 2 = Aerith's "moment"
Part 3 = North Cave

Etc etc. However when you think about it, REALLY think about what happens after Midgar... there's a bloody huge deal of content to explore with so many running themes and long introspective character chapters and locations that its impossible to fit it in 3 parts. I struggle with 4 unless I start heavy skimming and cutting completely.

*eggyoke is suddenly full of anxiety* :p

Soldato
Till this day SquareEnix still dont know how many parts this game will be and how long it will take. So no point guessing as we probably end up being disappointed....lol.

Back
Top Bottom