Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Works for me, I probably have a backlog of things to play about that long anyway! :D

You can buy it on Switch and PS4 too, or even Steam if you have a PC.
You will be left drooling in this thread missing out though ;)

Usually like you I am happy to wait, but this is a top 3 game of all time for me so I cannot comply! :p

Soldato
You will be left drooling in this thread missing out though ;)

Usually like you I am happy to wait, but this is a top 3 game of all time for me so I cannot comply! :p

The gameplay doesn't capture me much anyway. If I wanted an action oriented game I would be playing Devil May Cry, Darksiders or Bayonetta.

I loved the old RPG style of the original so I am not in a hurry to play this really.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The gameplay doesn't capture me much anyway. If I wanted an action oriented game I would be playing Devil May Cry, Darksiders or Bayonetta.

I loved the old RPG style of the original so I am not in a hurry to play this really.
Yea, I preferred the original turn based gameplay. But still will be picking this up day one. Will likely play it for a week or so and then sell on for not much less than I purchased it for.

I have completed most of my backlog of games over the years anyways, got like a handful left which none of them are a priority. These days unless something really grabs me I just move on. Life is to short and not enough time in a day. Using Steam I have made categories for games and the ones that did not do it for me go in a particular category and are out of the way :)

Soldato
Yea, I preferred the original turn based gameplay. But still will be picking this up day one. Will likely play it for a week or so and then sell on for not much less than I purchased it for.

I have completed most of my backlog of games over the years anyways, got like a handful left which none of them are a priority. These days unless something really grabs me I just move on. Life is to short and not enough time in a day. Using Steam I have made categories for games and the ones that did not do it for me go in a particular category and are out of the way :)

I try to do that but honestly I just can't keep up! I (stupidly) am a Humble Choice subscriber and have been receiving ~10 games a month for the last 2 years, most of which I have never touched.

I will play through this FF7 remake some time, just not sure exactly when. Hopefully after part 1 is out, 2 and 3 won't take too long.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I try to do that but honestly I just can't keep up! I (stupidly) am a Humble Choice subscriber and have been receiving ~10 games a month for the last 2 years, most of which I have never touched.

I will play through this FF7 remake some time, just not sure exactly when. Hopefully after part 1 is out, 2 and 3 won't take too long.
Ah yes, I stay well away from such bundles. Simply not enough time.

Associate
I've been a bit out of the loop lately, so is it confirmed this is going to be more than two parts?
There hasn't been any official confirmation of how many chapters they're releasing the game in, but I think the majority of people are expecting that it'll either be 3 or 4 parts.
I reckon we'll have a better idea of how many parts it might end up being when we find out exactly where the first chapter ends.

My guess at the moment is that there will be 4 chapters that will end somewhere near the following points:
  • Chapter 1 - Leaving Midgar
  • Chapter 2 - Leaving Cosmo Canyon
  • Chapter 3 - The Death of Aerith
  • Chapter 4 - The End
I'm expecting there to be some add-on DLC for stuff like side-character stories, maybe even faction stuff like some Turks, Avalanche and Shinra stories.

Soldato
I'm hoping the gold saucer will be massive and that they leave chocobo breeding in the game so you still need that gold one for knights of the round :)

Associate
I'm hoping the gold saucer will be massive and that they leave chocobo breeding in the game so you still need that gold one for knights of the round :)
Part of me is a little bit worried about them making some dramatic changes to Gold Saucer... I'm getting the feeling that, with how technology has advanced so much, they're going to flex their design muscles and turn it into a huge theme park and that it'll lose some of it's charm.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

:D

Part of me is a little bit worried about them making some dramatic changes to Gold Saucer... I'm getting the feeling that, with how technology has advanced so much, they're going to flex their design muscles and turn it into a huge theme park and that it'll lose some of it's charm.

Yeah, I feel the same.

Soldato
There hasn't been any official confirmation of how many chapters they're releasing the game in, but I think the majority of people are expecting that it'll either be 3 or 4 parts.
I reckon we'll have a better idea of how many parts it might end up being when we find out exactly where the first chapter ends.

My guess at the moment is that there will be 4 chapters that will end somewhere near the following points:
  • Chapter 3 - The Death of Aerith
  • Chapter 4 - The End
I'm expecting there to be some add-on DLC for stuff like side-character stories, maybe even faction stuff like some Turks, Avalanche and Shinra stories.

Damn, I can't say I'm a fan of this model but what can we do... Four parts seems overkill.

Soldato

• Chapter 3 - Aerith's moment.
  • Chapter 4 - The End
Yeah I can see DLC coming like you said. Fort Condor looks to be ripe for some DLC picking. Also character quests like a Yuffie themed "Wutai Battle Arena" DLC. Or Vincent's history DLC, I mean it's setup perfectly for DLC given how aloof it was in the original (and the whole Lucrecia thing.) Though they will have to include Yuffie and Vincent in the standard Remake game for story/dialogue/cutscene purposes etc, so thats one good thing.

As for the chapter structure, it's hard to anticipate because of how the story flows in the original. I think regardless of how many it'll take, Part 2 is going to be the most difficult to figure out because of the sheer amount of locations, characters and themes that are introduced. Personally I can't see them ending on Cosmo Canyon because it's just not climactic enough to end a standalone game with. But then "Aerith's moment" is perhaps too far away? I can see them doing some heavy rearrangement of story beats and character and location introductions to suit the flow of future games.

Soldato
As for the chapter structure, it's hard to anticipate because of how the story flows in the original. I think regardless of how many it'll take, Part 2 is going to be the most difficult to figure out because of the sheer amount of locations, characters and themes that are introduced. Personally I can't see them ending on Cosmo Canyon because it's just not climactic enough to end a standalone game with. But then "Aerith's moment" is perhaps too far away? I can see them doing some heavy rearrangement of story beats and character and location introductions to suit the flow of future games.

That's the thing, each game is going to have to be a little stand alone. That's easy with Midgar as the first time you play FFVII you could be mistaken for thinking that was the game, until you remember there are more discs.

I can't seem to decide how to split it up without it changing the flow of the original too much.

Associate
I wonder if their plan is to cut content/story if sales are low, as the whole game still isn't made yet. And if it sells well, then the 2nd episode sells well, it'll be more and more expansive. -which would be great imo, as long as it doesn't deviate from the actual facts we have from the OG game.

Purely guesswork there mind.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I can see DLC coming like you said. Fort Condor looks to be ripe for some DLC picking. Also character quests like a Yuffie themed "Wutai Battle Arena" DLC. Or Vincent's history DLC, I mean it's setup perfectly for DLC given how aloof it was in the original (and the whole Lucrecia thing.) Though they will have to include Yuffie and Vincent in the standard Remake game for story/dialogue/cutscene purposes etc, so thats one good thing.

DLC for a game already being split up so much in all honesty takes the piscuit...

I will not be buying DLC. I will just play them when eventually they release the complete edition of the game on steam.

Associate
The split games aspect is really worrying for the story. they're already bringing so many story aspects forward into the first game etc to flesh it out and make it stand alone.

If they aren't careful with their planning you could end up with some very disjointed games.
Honestly think they should have just made 1 massive monster of a game like the original. The first one was ahead of its time but i think the remake is just going to be a product of it's time.

Big time fans like myself put off by installments and hack and slash combat. I prefer the older FF games than the new action games so I think im going to skip this for awhile and just replay 7/8 again.

Back
Top Bottom