1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Yaayuh!, Jun 16, 2015.

1. TNA

Capodecina

Yeah I had that installed, but it does not work with the achievements which I fancy completing. As good as the updated stuff is, it is obviously noway near as good as it would be if the effort they put in FF7R was to be put into it.

2. Pighardia

Capodecina

I wonder if for the next installment they could do similar to Dragon Age Inquisition in terms of world design. They could create a number of smaller maps instead of one big world map. I think it would suit this game quite well. I didn't like Inquisition, but that way of creating the world is solid imo.

3. .Lethal

Soldato

You'd think, but look at FF8 remastered. Hardly a remaster tbh.

Re: FF7 modding. Unfortunately besides not being able to get Steam achievements it also takes numerous mods to get it looking good enough to not be a distraction for the wrong reasons.

If you mod it right it looks great like the image below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: these aren't my screenshots, their taken from the Qhimm forums. Also the character models (Nino style chibi models) is incomplete, their adding new chars regularly but it's a WIP. The graphics mod Satsuki is also being updated and improved. Then you got ReShade for shading effects and effects like CRT etc. It's a lot of work to get it right is the point I'm trying to make. I also forgot to mention the Reunion mod so you can play it using a proper translation from the Jap version using the "Beacause" mod that fixes a ton of dialogue that was incorrectly translated.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  4. TNA

Capodecina

I am sure the the FF8 team and budget was not even 5% of FF7R though, probably not even 1%. That was likely a team of a few people with a extremely small budget who already set out what they wanted to achieve (not much) from the start. Bit like when the Resident Evil Remake hit the PC, that was a tiny team, does not compare to triple a budget and scope of a full game.

Not trying to take away from how hard the mods are to create, but that cannot compare with huge teams of dedicated professional developers working full days for half a decade.

Those images look very good by the way. Maybe when I replay the game again in 5-10 years the mods will be out by then.

5. .Lethal

Soldato

All of the MODs are available now at Qhimm, their all complete in some shape or form with exception of the character models. The biggest thing is game crashes, time setting it up (correctly) and not being able to play with steam.

FF8 remastered originally had plans for voice acting with a big budget update, but most of it was cut. It's a shame, they didn't even bother updating the texture maps which is one of the easier jobs that the modding community has done well with FF7. I haven't checked much of the FF8 community but I believe it's being done with that too.

Some of the mod community working on these mods are equally qualified as those working in the industry.

6. .Lethal

Soldato

You can get the Tifa Theme for PS4 EU accounts for free. No idea how long it'll last, I know many people wanted this when they saw it was given away in a promotion over in the US

Link

7. schumi84

Mobster

Cheers for the link, it's still active now and I've just downloaded it.

Currently on my 2nd playthrough on the game on Standard and will then look at taking on Hard difficulty. Overall I've found the game fantastic and enjoying it again during this new playthrough and using some of the tricks/methods I learned the first time through.