Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Watched that about 10 times already lol. ff7 was my favourite game of all time so im beyond hyped for it and that looked surprisingly good and much further along than i expected. I still wonder how they are going to do the whole game though as ff7 just seems so huge to remake in this style instead of the old prerendered backgrounds.
I mean the game is massive in scope so i hope were going to see it before 2020 lol.

Soldato
As a die hard fan of the original, I'm very much looking forward to the changes. This game is going to feel familiar, yet give a whole new perspective on our old favorite locations. A different viewpoint if you wish.

I was a bit sceptical at first.. As are most die hard fans. But after watching that trailer a couple of times.. It all looks bloody amazing. Barrett looks bad ass! The locations are familiar yet feel new and refreshed.

Can't wait for this.

Soldato
I preferred the original battle system. And never really liked the action paced battle system of crisis core. But it could possibly work on a big triple A title like this.

And I can definitely say it's one of the things I'm looking forward to. I didn't even once try to kid myself that they'd use the old turn based battle system. As I knew they wouldn't. It's tried and tested. And been done before. This will feel very fresh. I just hope they include materia. And I hope it's more in depth than just using gambits (absolutely HATED gambits) ffxii was rubbish because of gambits.

Soldato
Lawdy. There are gonna be some maaaad fans! I don't mind it at all, no point remaking it and not changing things!
Count me as one of the mad fans.

All the screaming for a remake was simply because the original has become extremely dated, graphically. That's all people wanted - FFVII with modern graphics.

That is not what we're getting. We're getting a total 'reimagining' of the game, with action combat. Which sucks. Badly. I'll still buy it, and it might still be fun, but it's not what I wanted. It's like asking for a specific game for Christmas as a kid that you're super hyped for but then your parents misunderstand what you wanted and get you a different game, that while perhaps good, isn't what you were excited for.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Count me as one of the mad fans.

All the screaming for a remake was simply because the original has become extremely dated, graphically. That's all people wanted - FFVII with modern graphics.

That is not what we're getting. We're getting a total 'reimagining' of the game, with action combat. Which sucks. Badly. I'll still buy it, and it might still be fun, but it's not what I wanted. It's like asking for a specific game for Christmas as a kid that you're super hyped for but then your parents misunderstand what you wanted and get you a different game, that while perhaps good, isn't what you were excited for.

Yeah, I wish they kept the old battle system, maybe tweaked it a little. But it won't stop me from buying this :)

Soldato
There's no confirmation what battle system is used is there?

Let's just wait and see what it uses.
Gameplay trailer shows more action-orientated combat system already. You can move around and there's flashy moves with a bunch of crap that you cant really tell what's going on and different characters can all be attacking at the same time.

It still shows the 'traditional' command menu, so I'm guessing it's going to be something like Xenoblade, where you control the one character at a time and everybody else is AI controlled and it's hybrid real-time combat where you pick what you want the character to be doing from the menu and they do it for you.

Basically totally ruining it.

Soldato
I don't get why some people are mad tbh. I mean wasn't it obvious that they where going to alter the battle system? They pretty much came out and told us months ago that some things are going to be different.

Personally I think it actually looks more authentic and true to the original than I thought it would be. Obviously the combat system is different like they said, but the character models and environment looks great. The scenes also look pretty much identical to the original game which is what thrilled me most.

I just hope they don't skip on large sections of the game. It's clear they're trying to stay true to the original, but it is a damn huge game with lots of side quests and areas. But I think those extra areas are what made it so magical, not just the main storyline. I want to see Wutai Pagoda, the Chocobo farm, the excavation site, Fort Condor, the motorbike chase, the Gold Saucer, the military parade disguise scene, Cosmo Canyon, the submarine dive, warming up while on the glacier with that awesome music "Buried in Snow"... I could go on and on. The game is so huge and I suppose its a big ask to see them remake everything, however it looks like they're pulling stuff direct from FFXV and using resources from Advent Children, so maybe it's not that impossible to see a complete remake. God I wish it's true!! So hyped :D

Back
Top Bottom