Final Final Spec Check (ordering tomoz)

Soldato
Gonna be ordering the main components of my new pc tomorrow, and buying other bits other the next few weeks and month, as and when I get cash, and using bits from my 'ye olde systeme' until they get replaced.

My spec is:
x2 3800+
x1900xt 512MB PCI-E gfx
Asrock 939DualSATA mobo
Sonata2 Case with 450W Antec PSU

Getting over the next month and a half:
2GB Gskill ZX
SATAII 250GB Hitachi Deskstar
2x Samsung DVDRW

Possibly (if I can afford)
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

Gonna be using 1GB Geil Golden Value and 160GB Samsung ATA until have replacements...

What sort of performance can I expect with this beast, especially straight away before replace anything.

(Am a little hyper, this is the first time I could afford an upgrade in over 2 years)

Go with Intel and Nvidia.

Nah, just kidding. Don't let anyone confuse you the day before you buy. But are you really replacing the 160 gb with the 250 gb or in addition?

ummm looks good :D maybe you could fork out the extra for an XT-X or 7900GTX? ;)

ooo also, as youre going for a PCI-E gcard, then a dedicated board maybe more appropriate. the ASRock Dual is a good board but afaik it uses VIA chipsets, well chipsets that arnt nForce4 or RD580 Crossfire and therefore are deemed to be not as good. maybe something like an Asus A8N maybe more approriate.

just suggestions.

Last edited:
naffa said:
ummm looks good :D maybe you could fork out the extra for an XT-X or 7900GTX? ;)

ooo also, as youre going for a PCI-E gcard, then a dedicated board maybe more appropriate. the ASRock Dual is a good board but afaik it uses VIA chipsets, well chipsets that arnt nForce4 or RD580 Crossfire and therefore are deemed to be not as good. maybe something like an Asus A8N maybe more approriate.

just suggestions.

Already pushing my budget xtx is completely out of the option. The chipsets on the Asrock are ULi (now owned by Nvidia), not Via (I hate via with a loathing) and the sound chip is a realtek, although in a performance round up, it performed better than the nforce4 audio solution, which I guess means the 850 chipset has been better implemented, same as DFIs Karajan audio is meant to be better than NForce4...

Back
Top Bottom