Finally might go onto Xbox Live

Soldato
decided to finally move my x360 onto the dell 2407 from my HDTV and for the first time linking it to my router - do I have to get xbox live tokens or something to start my registration or can I buy them straight off through MS site?

Soldato
Connect to router, turn X360 on. Loads up, go to sign up to xbox live. Follow on screen instructions... fill all the details in, etc.

Then it says what type of membership do you want, and you can choose from there. If you want you can get gold (full access, 34.99 yr) allows you everything.

However, CHOOSE SILVER! this is free. go through all the screens and it'l offer you a 1 month free trial of gold membership. use this, then just upgrade afterwards :)

Soldato
FrankJH said:
decided to finally move my x360 onto the dell 2407 from my HDTV and for the first time linking it to my router - do I have to get xbox live tokens or something to start my registration or can I buy them straight off through MS site?

you can pay threw the 360 afaik (im still using 1 month free trial) but i think its cheaper buying a gold card from the bay.

Or you can just get Silver and have downloads only (no gaming)

Edit: NiCkNaMe beat me to it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thank you both - this is true even though I have lost my free ticket that came with my X360 ( when I moved house)?

I am right in thinking that for a wired netowrk connection you dont have to pay for any add on (ie the actual standard network socket is built in as standard) I havent looked at the back for so long I cant remember

Soldato
FrankJH said:
Thank you both - this is true even though I have lost my free ticket that came with my X360 ( when I moved house)?

Yes, if its a new account then when you sign up for the silver package you will automatically get a months free gold. There are no codes, vouchers etc. needed.

Soldato
FrankJH said:
I am right in thinking that for a wired netowrk connection you dont have to pay for any add on (ie the actual standard network socket is built in as standard) I havent looked at the back for so long I cant remember

Yes the network card is built into the 360 :)

Soldato
Sorry to drag this up from the depths, but i just got a 360 and im gonna setup live tomorrow. Ive never been on Live but i did setup a gamertag on the xbox website the other day. If i use this gamertag, will i still get my months free gold trial or do i have to setup a new one through the xbox?

Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
Sorry to drag this up from the depths, but i just got a 360 and im gonna setup live tomorrow. Ive never been on Live but i did setup a gamertag on the xbox website the other day. If i use this gamertag, will i still get my months free gold trial or do i have to setup a new one through the xbox?

Rename your current profile to the one you signed up for online - or you'll loose your gamerscore

Soldato
Seems i have to recover gamertag to use this (gamertag i setup on website), so i lose gamerscore and achievements anyway. Ive emailed xbox live support to see if they will put the month gold trial onto it as i dont want to use another name. Fingers Crossed.

Back
Top Bottom