Find me a car to buy

Man of Honour
arr, read this as space :) my mistake

Gilly said:
Might be on the small side though, I think thats why the mx5 doesn't suit.

the 300zx tbar is pretty hard to find a decent example of, and there much more of a cruiser than a sporty car so might feel a little heavy in comparison to the 182

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
Ah sorry, I meant overall it was just a pretty small car and I'm a pretty tall guy :)

I live with it as it's so much fun! :D I've actually go the seat nicely set back now (got the rails moved a little) so actually my legs are not really bent too badly but you are a bit taller than me.

300zx would be pretty cool - but pretty rare too.

I wonder if you could get an older porka or audi in convertible guise?

Soldato
Freefaller said:
I live with it as it's so much fun! :D I've actually go the seat nicely set back now (got the rails moved a little) so actually my legs are not really bent too badly but you are a bit taller than me.

300zx would be pretty cool - but pretty rare too.

I wonder if you could get an older porka or audi in convertible guise?

Is it easy to move the rails back? Also how tall are you Will?

Man of Honour
saitrix said:
Good good, you are taller then me. I suppose that means there is absolutely no room behind your seat. :p

Nope it's flat against the bulkhead - but I don't like driving in a slouched position. I like to be fairly upright (not 90 degrees :p) - it's more comfy on the legs and arms for me. :) You can sit in it at the RR day if you want :)

Soldato
Wow you seem to have the same seating position as me, I like to have back support when driving. Anyway I'll stop taking Gilly's thread off topic and I will have to take you up on that offer. :)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Gilly said:
Missed this.

How far on are you?

Not really looked at bikes yet. Wouldn't know where to start.

I have an (expired) CBT and a comparatively small amount of road experience to go with it - riding to work and going for the odd blast etc. Havnt taken any lessons properly yet as I am only just 21 ;)

There are two routes really, you can buy yourself a 125 when you have done your CBT and ride that to gain road exp while you take your lessons. When on your lessons you wont stay on a 125 for very long at all I dont think, when I was doing my CBT, the DAS group people were all on Kawasaki ER-5's.

You could then flog the 125 for not much less than you paid for it (providing you havnt flung it down the road TOO badly) and buy yourself something else when you have your full licence.

The other alternative is to just use the bike schools bike and pay for more lessons (because without practice on your own, you probably will need way more).

Personally, I have a 125 in the garage ;)

Back
Top Bottom