Find my site on google easy way?

Soldato
Hi,

I have setup a new website and have been doing content all week and registered on webmaster tools and submitted my sitemap and told it to go index everyday for 4 days.

Is there a website that tells you what pages and keywords your site is ranked for?

I trawled through 50 pages for one keyword I would like to be high on but I couldn't see my site listed.

Site:domain.com has been "googled" and lists

Now this morning typing in "domain.com" now sees my site :D

It's not just a matter of simply having keywords in the META tags or even the content of the site, but because every single website does the same the only way to really bring you up in the rankings is to get unique visitors, the more you get the higher up in the rankings and of course the higher up in the web search criteria. I've also noticed that the longer a site has been on the internet the more likely you'll find it on the top searches too.

To check out the rankings go to alexa.com.

It will take time for it to rank. Just keep working on adding decent content and trying to get legitimate backlinks.

Some sites seem to take days to rank well, others take months.

For some reason Bing and Yahoo started ranking mine much quicker than google did. Have you checked those out?

edit - oh and I don't think it's possible to find your rank any other way. What you can do is edit google settings to show 100 results per page and then do a find on your domain. This will mean you can trawl through the pages much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom