Finding a font FontA11

Soldato
I'm pulling my hair out.

I'm trying to use FontA11 on my epson printer but the only size is 8.5 (or double height/double width etc)

I need the font to be 10 or 10.5 but as its a printer font it wont change. Or if it does change it then changes the font.

I'm trying to locate the font as a "truetype"?? So i can import it into word so it'll scale

Any ideas

Soldato
OP
What does Font A11 look like?

Thats the issue. I've been through hundreds of fonts trying to match it.

It the embedded one on the epson printer

Here is a shot. Wrapped in spoiler tags as its a little big

2012-10-07_164226_printer_font.jpg

I can get it close but the "C"'s never have a flat back, Or if they do then they have the wrong "l" or "9" etc

Soldato
OP
What's the closest one you can find I may be able to modify the rest to match for you. I've got a couple of spare hours today.

I've been going through all the fonts within WORD etc AGAIN. I've gone blind.

I've not come across the ones I'm sure I found.

It seems daft that they can load them into the printer so the printer prints as fast as it can but then not make them available for use in word etc.

Soldato
I agree but iirc the reason it prints faster is due to them being preloaded (the gain isnt that much). Would make sense that you could preload your own in the printer wouldnt it :(.

Can you print a range and take a decent picture of it? I can pull them out and create a truefont from it but the one in your spoiler isnt working very well against the dirty background.

Soldato
Gimme 20 then.

Edit: either my brain or software isnt playing ball. May take a bit longer :(.

Was both my brain and software lost my license key so it's outputting distorted fonts :(. I'll have a play with it tommorow (hope it's not needed in a rush sorry).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Gimme 20 then.

Edit: either my brain or software isnt playing ball. May take a bit longer :(.

Was both my brain and software lost my license key so it's outputting distorted fonts :(. I'll have a play with it tommorow (hope it's not needed in a rush sorry).

Thats great mate no rush.

Thanks for trying even if you can't sort it.

Soldato
Do you need the entire font?

I won't lie it's turning into a huge pain but it's getting there.

The company who made my software have no records of my purchase. Sod them if they think they're getting another £40 out of me :(.

Associate
I'm pretty sure that FontA11 is one of the embedded fonts which usually comes on things like the Epson Receipt printers. You could try installing the Epson Advanced Printer Driver for its receipts printer range?

Soldato
OP
Do you need the entire font?

I won't lie it's turning into a huge pain but it's getting there.

The company who made my software have no records of my purchase. Sod them if they think they're getting another £40 out of me :(.

Honestly pal if its taking up any time then I'll find another way. Its not that important.

Cheers for trying though.

Just spotted the post below.

I hope its as easy as that

Soldato
OP
I'm pretty sure that FontA11 is one of the embedded fonts which usually comes on things like the Epson Receipt printers. You could try installing the Epson Advanced Printer Driver for its receipts printer range?

Cheers I'm going to have a go at that then

Soldato
Honestly pal if its taking up any time then I'll find another way. Its not that important.

Cheers for trying though.

Just spotted the post below.

I hope its as easy as that

If it's not that important phew. Got worried I offered something I couldn't produce.

At the moment I'm redrawing them from scratch as they're just not tracing well in illustrator :(. Coming out rather bold.

Soldato
It's ok I do that to the Mrs all the time:eek:

I downloaded a font program "FontLab" but it made my brain ache:D

So don't feel bad if you have to give up.

Font lab is great it's what I'm using at the moment. They do one called fontscan which is normally great at pulling characters out of an image and then you can import them into font lab to create a .ttf in seconds. However somehow scanfont became deactivated and they don't have any records of me buying it :mad:.

Further annoyingly there's no alternative ways to get a full copy again and I never used it enough to pay for it again. So I'm cracking on with illustrator.

Back
Top Bottom