Finished the build - temps as expected?

Associate
Just finished my prodigy water cooled build.

Temps I'm getting are as follows....

I5 2500K @ 4.6 .... 1.37V
60deg Load

GTX670
45deg Load

240rad 60mm thick - fans running at 900rpm
120rad 60mm thick - fans running at 700rpm

Temps seem ok/as expected?

I should be able to run the CPU at lower voltage but I can't get it to drop for the life of me. Probably my inexperience here as my current clock is set by simply adjusting the multiplier.

Soldato
The 670's run really really cool, especially under water, you'll also notice you probably won't need to increase the power limit at all to overclock as the cold VRM's don't need to draw so much power - note this does not give you extra OC headroom, voltage becomes a limit way before power consumption.

When I had my 670 WF @ 1365/7550 on air I would hit around 86% peak power under synthetic stress, that dropped to about 70% peak power with water :)

Just for reference (to show you're temps are in check) the 2600K (4.8ghz 1.32v) + 670 (above OC) loop I had with a single 1080 rad gave synthetic stress temps of ~55c on the CPU and 40c on the 670, so three times the rad space only dropped temps over 4-5c :)

Soldato
iirc there is a bios thats supposed to allow 1.21v, but seems very hit and miss as to OC results however. Its a shame Nvidia felt the need to cripple the voltage on these cards so much, I truly believe the 670 I had would have managed near 1500mhz on the core with some voltage control.

Associate
OP
iirc there is a bios thats supposed to allow 1.21v, but seems very hit and miss as to OC results however. Its a shame Nvidia felt the need to cripple the voltage on these cards so much, I truly believe the 670 I had would have managed near 1500mhz on the core with some voltage control.

It is a pitty especially for people with cards under water.

Not sure how much mine would take though as its reference design pcb.

Associate
Very nice, how much did it cost you to build this water cooling computer? I'd love to go into water cooling but one day maybe, i'd overclock the hell out of CPU's just to boil my cupa' in the morning.

Associate
Wow about £400 on watercooling? I must have missed the memo on how expensive they were. I'm spending £410 on a 2700K, motherboard and a Noctua NH-D14 to almost finish of my computer (Just RAM to go), thats possibly just baby food to you haha. Great system though will keep you happy for a long time :D unless you have cat like me who would find away to burst the water pipes even if i put it in a safe within a safe within a safe.

Soldato
£400 is probably about average for a decent CPU + GPU loop. You could easily spend upwards of £1000 on a multi block/rad setup.

Think I'm around £700 so far, but I have purchased GPU blocks for 4 different cards.

Back
Top Bottom