Fire Thread! - Stoves, Wood, Axes, Chainsaws

Soldato
Over the weekend I did another batch of kindling with the kindling cracker

Then decided to, finally, get round to putting guttering round the second log store, so, of course , it hailstoned

Then decided to shift the remaining logs from the big store into it, to get more exposure to the sun and free up the big store for the next batch of home processed timber

Full to the brim

IMG20240303141017.jpg

And still enough left over to go into the third store
Does that solar plank work ??

Soldato
In that case it's about right I pay around £130-£150 delivered per 1m3, Ash usually. Might try Hornbeam next time it's a bit cheaper.
We just had our first delivery of Ash, 1m3 @ £105 which hopefully is a good price. I've found I've needing to chop it into smaller pieces though as it doesn't burn very well on our open fire.
Nowhere to store it outside so I've stacked the logs in the garage, The Log Lady who delivered it said it's seasoned so I hope it'll be OK in there.

Associate
So I just looked and they do a 2m3 pallet of oak for £299.99 or birch for £279.99. It says that works out at £120 a bulk bag oak or £112 for birch. Buying them by the bag is Birch £129.99, oak/birch mix is £134.99 and oak is £139.99. Thats kiln dried and delivered. I'm now trying to work out if I have enough room in the shed to store 2m3?? Last time i got the mixed bag but I want more oak in there so will just get oak this time.

Back
Top Bottom