Fire Thread! - Stoves, Wood, Axes, Chainsaws

I will be decorating me lounge soon and currently have an open gas fire, seriously thinking about replacing with a burner as part of the refurbishment, should I be concerned with the rumblings of banning them?

First burn of the year.
PXL_20240915_165958799.jpg.5c6991b69996c73936bcda04fc9786d1.jpg

does anyone bother sharpening their chains, or do you just buy a new one every so often. Seems like quite a faff to sharpen a chainsaw chain.

does anyone bother sharpening their chains, or do you just buy a new one every so often. Seems like quite a faff to sharpen a chainsaw chain.
There’s a Stihl 2 in 1 chain sharpening tool which makes it a 10 minute job.

You can cut a whole load of wood before you need to give the chain a touch up unless you hit metal or stone with one.

Unfortunately blocking up my chimney has made it significantly warmer in this house vs. having a fire - so looks like no fires this year. Maybe in the next 5 years we'll swap in a log burner!

A while back a tree branch fell on one of the wood stores putting a big hole in it...

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QolWBuEKIOC6yfJY7

It wasn't a small branch either!

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1QolRSq_fFbC2wSWe1

The weather the last few days has been much too nice to be spending time in a loft, so finally got round to replacing the broken acrylic roof panels and cleaning the existing panels.

s!Ahf7xhLzGq1Qr33kswFH802LtXnr

It's now looking rather empty, need to fill it up for winter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom