Fireskull - Down, but not out.

Soldato
I'm sure a few of you know Fireskull from these forums and a few of you have been on rides with us around the Southampton area or at meets. He's a really competent rider and doesn't take reckless risks when out riding.

Unfortunately the other day he had a head on with a car whilst on his bike and is currently in Winchester hospital. He's bruised and has a few broken bones, but should hopefully be out in the next few days. His yellow mean machine is no more though as it's a write off :(

I'll leave full details of what happened up to him if he wants to tell it upon his return (I don't want to have people talking crap about bikes, cars, etc in the thread so leaving details out). This is just to say get well soon matey as I'm missing my riding partner! Hope you get back on two wheels soon :) I know I kept saying that you needed a handicap so I could ride as well as you, but crashing your bike was a little extreme!!

Soldato
OP
Ninja_GSXR.jpg

His is the yellow, mine is the green. He's in good spirits and says wait till you see the pictures! Damn lucky at about 40mph head-on with a car doing the same. He wears full back protection gear so didnt suffer any back damage which is all good.

Tempted to invest in some too now. He was recommending the Forcefield Pro ones to me a while back but I never got round to buying one as yet.

Luckily no one was majorly hurt so that's the main thing :)

Soldato
OP
I pray if I ever have an accident that I break my left hand and not my right one! I'd be bored whilst recovering otherwise haha.

Glad you're out and about now. Shame we probably won't get to go on any more rides now before I sell the Kawi... You know you want her though ;)

Look on the brightside though, at least you weren't wearing your uber expensive vented suit!

Soldato
OP
Didn't realise you bust your right arm! You must be bored senseless sitting in your room ;) Unless because there's no feeling it feels like someone else is erm ahem. Enough of that.

Soldato
OP
Heh didn't realise it's been over a year! I sold my bike before moving to New Zealand deciding I had never had a big accident so I would quit while I'm ahead. Now the sun is starting to come out I'm tempted to get back into it again for summer as it starts soon!

NZ drivers are absolutely awful though and the potholes in the roads make the ones back home look like pin pricks! The scenery though in the mountains is awsome so would be a shame to not risk life and limb dodging cars on the wrong side of the road and potholes the size of volcano craters to get a good pic of me with a bike on top of a mountain road! There's even a bike shop in town.... hmmm!

Back
Top Bottom