1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireskull - Down, but not out.

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Totality, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Dureth

Wise Guy

Heh good luck with the op, hopefully you'l be fit for the track/racing season in 2011. :cool:

I've been waiting to see you out on a circuit since we went for a couple of ride outs.

2. Griffo

Wise Guy

Ah good news firepelvis! I hope it goes smoothly and brings you back to maximum health points. :)

3. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Thanks guys :D

Definately Dureth, think they will let me do the ACU course in plaster?
    I will be getting a new proper bike next year but im 99% sure once ive got this SV sorted I will be starting out again on track asap so maybe march time ;)
    To be honest ive been to watch alot of club racing this year and damn its like 50/50 decent riders lol, some of them would strugle in the top half of novice group track days! they are mobile chicanes lol, so its really got me fired up to give it a go and see how well I could do, some guys are crazy fast though, specially on the 675 daytona's!
    Dont think I could afford a season yet but if I get my ACU done and enter as much as I can just to see if ive got what it takes to do a season :p

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  4. Scort

Mobster

Great news on the op dude - that's both of us under the knife soon then, well, me in December - they're taking the plate and screws out of my wrist, so with any luck, it'll be bye bye to most of the pain and discomfort - I think two years of that is long enough!

Oops, sorry for the thread hyjack :p

5. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Nice one :D does this mean we might see you at a meet next year then? :p

6. Totality

Mobster

Heh didn't realise it's been over a year! I sold my bike before moving to New Zealand deciding I had never had a big accident so I would quit while I'm ahead. Now the sun is starting to come out I'm tempted to get back into it again for summer as it starts soon!

NZ drivers are absolutely awful though and the potholes in the roads make the ones back home look like pin pricks! The scenery though in the mountains is awsome so would be a shame to not risk life and limb dodging cars on the wrong side of the road and potholes the size of volcano craters to get a good pic of me with a bike on top of a mountain road! There's even a bike shop in town.... hmmm!

7. Dureth

Wise Guy

Big pot holes is just natures way of saying buy a bog trail bike! :D

Fireskull: I might be looking to do a few meetings next year with Bemsee in the Thunderbikes on my Ducati. I've got a large van and awning etc, your more than welcome to share these if you wanted to do the same meetings. The Minitwin class with them is quite competitive too so you'd fit right in! :p

8. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Yea get a 125 Trial bike mate :D

That sounds great Dureth I might take you up on that if I can do the meetings, thought my SV has an SRAD front end so I dont think it can race in the minitwins.... so I guess ill have to enter the thunderbikes with you :D or a 675 if I get one... :p

9. Dureth

Wise Guy

You should bring it along to the Thunderbikes, great class for having a laugh and trying things out. Then you make a final descision about what class to carry on with after that.

Plus you get to try and beat me! :D

10. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Yea the thunder class from what I have seen from NG meets has looked fun! and yea racing with you would be pretty funny :p

11. Dureth

Wise Guy

The last race of the year for Bemsee is this weekend at Brands and the Thunderbikes are racing. I was going up Saturday morning and camping over to Sunday just to watch if your interested in coming up with me to check out the weekends racing?

12. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Bah I'm busy Saturday :/ Might go up Sunday see how things go on the weekend, I don't think Ive got your number?

How come your not racing then?

13. Dureth

Wise Guy

This year it was decided that we needed new windows and a porch on the house so racing had to be postponed for a year. :(

My email is in trust, drop me one with your number and I'll give you a call when I'm at Brands.

Bemsee are also having a rookie event at Brands on Sunday December 12th so if you fancy going along to that I'll be travelling up anyway to check in on everyone and get my forms and eye test done for next year.

From the www.bemsee.net website: "All they need to get started for next season, all the forms, Doctor Rosie & crew doing eye tests, trade stands and loads of advice from Class Reps. All current Members, Marshals & Officials are welcome to come and catch up as it's dark and cold at that time of year! Bar's open, it all runs from 12 to 5ish."

14. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Damn fair enough dude priorities and all that :p

Will mail my number over when I get home!

That sounds good, so if I got my ACU license done before December could I go and get my eye test etc done too lol?

15. Dureth

Wise Guy

They will have the license forms there and the mandatory school day in Feb includes the written test for the ACU license. Come along and they will basically sort everything out there and then for you.

I made the mistake of booking on the ACU written exam seperately before realising that the school day included the test. Luckily I could still cancel the one in Rugby and get my money back.

16. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Awesome didnt know that, sounds great then, my arm 'should' be fine by then to do the mandatory ride :D
    Will Email over my number now mate, forgot!

Pre-Op today, not good though starting to get a cold, hopefully it will be gone by next week :(

17. helpimcrap

Capodecina

18. Fireskull

Sgarrista

No text dude?

Pre-op went ok, only a head Nurse so could not tell me much new, they are still not sure if I need a bone graft or not... Though hopefully I should be out same day and if not sat morning apparently :)

19. helpimcrap

Capodecina

hope you get all sorted and do better than my return to riding....

ACU assessment day fine... ACU test day... day...

EJMRA race day... crashed in timed practice and broke my wrist. was a touch peeved i was 10s off poles pace when looking back at it i was 10s off poles time after about 30 laps since testing at mallory..... tried to go too fast too soon and paid the price. don't make the same mistake as me fella.:o

20. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Ouch dude, how long were you out for?
    Was that your first run at racing or your second after your big accident?

And thanks mate cant wait to get back properly into it all :)