• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Firestrike Standard Bench.

Man of Honour
OP
If you look at result 102 with a score of 18,026 both his GFX and Physics scores are lower than mine but his combined is around 2000 higher than mine which is a massive difference, What is it causing the difference?

CPU clockspeed is important on the combined test, number of cores less important.

This is why a 8700k can get a higher combined score than a 6950X.

When someone uses the new 7980XE it will also have a poor combined score.

Permabanned
CPU clockspeed is important on the combined test, number of cores less important.

This is why a 8700k can get a higher combined score than a 6950X.

When someone uses the new 7980XE it will also have a poor combined score.

I get what you mean, The number of cores doesn't matter like it does for the physics test, You mean it's the single core performance that matters more with the combined test,
It seems memory speed matters as well, I just found that when I overclocked the cpu it automatically down clocked my memory from 3200 to 2133 for some reason,
I just put my memory speed right and got an additional 500 on the score so can you put this one up on the board instead please mate, Cheers.

1600x @ 3.9
Vega 64 @ 1662/945
Driver 17.11.1

Score - 18,469
GFX - 23,667
PhysX - 18,026
Combined - 7,076

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/23215916?

Yay! I'm finally in the top 100 :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
OP
Completely baffled by the frankly pathetic combined score considering the gfx score and the physics score. Plenty of other ryzens running at similar speeds with significantly higher combined scores.

Try re running the bench, often on the first run I get a really low combined score but after that it goes up by about 3000 points.

Scoreboard updated.:)

Back
Top Bottom